Computer, Home Theater and Electronic Gadget Thread

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I don't think we've ever done this and since only 10% of ya'll even own a tv... it may be doomed from the start. Here goes...

I was in Best Buy today getting a cable and as I was window shopping I ran across this 2.1 computer speaker system I listened to the demo model and holy crap it sounded (just $125) great! I had to bring one home and come to find out I can hook my TV into it, too! I imagine those 5, 6, or 700 dollar ones are better, but pound for pound this damn thing is worth every penny! 200/400 watts - I'ne never seen such a powerful computer speaker system.

:thumbup:

speaker-system-z623.png

If you wanna cheap, quick upgrade I highly recomend this! So, anyone spend any cash or already have a killer system? Carl, I'd LOVE to know more about your bedroom set-up!

Yup, plug the phone right in too. Mine are some no name brand from Amazon I think and they sound good to me. The little subwoofer thumps pretty good!

That many watts might just be for peak beat transients, but maybe not. 200W continuous music is pretty good. I've found there can be many standards as to what the max power really means, including if the rating is true or not. I have a corner computer desk against a wall with plenty of dividers and compartments. Even a little 20W sub really gets amplified by the desk and wall corner if placed in a good spot under the desk.

Here's one I built, and I'm eventually going to add 2 more 15" speakers to it. First time I fired it up in the garage, I couldn't hear much, it just felt like an earthquake.

DSC01257 (800x644).jpg

Ha, I was just looking at those Logitech speakers. $156, https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...-200-watt-speaker-system-black-z623-inlog3073

My tv sound isn't great with some British shows, (they talk a bit funny) and they have some good ones. So I was thinking of something to boost the sound a bit, then I remembered I had a set of Sennheiser RS120 cordless headphones stored away.

They're pretty good and you can get a beer without missing anything. https://en-au.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphones-stereo-rf-rs-120-ii

Headphone-Zone_Sennheiser_RS_120_3_cc7784fc-7e9b-4789-9ab0-d3c5a3a26d47_2000x.jpg

Sometimes you can find a decent set of speakers at a Goodwill, especially on one of their big discount days if those items happen to be marked with the right price tag color.

They look pretty sweet.

I have an older set of Harmon Kardon speakers for the Mac. Two mid range/tweeters and a sub IIRC. Sounds good enough for me.

I've got two sets of remotes I haven't used for a while .Dar couldn't hear worth a damned and nearly blew my ear drums out with the TV .The remotes solved that problem as I could set one close enough she could hear .In addition I could use another set with the computer ,sit in the sun ,drink beer and listen to music .That was back in the Napster days but it would work with You-tube .

Now the only problem with what I mentioned about sitting on the patio and relaxing would be the choice of music now of days .I'm an old rocker and Georgie Girl likes country .Perhaps a compromise .

I just ordered a badass 32" curved monitor... more time on the pewter!!! :rockon:

Did you get it yet?

I've had a 24" widescreen for years now and been thinking about the Samsung 27" curved. Not sure about it, might just go flat screen. 32" is a bit big for my setup.

This one looks good. https://www.harveynorman.com.au/hp-27-inch-27fw-full-hd-ips-backlit-monitor.html

Or the curved. https://www.harveynorman.com.au/samsung-27-curved-monitor-white.html

I got the HP flat screen.8)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm loving mine! I can push it back farther away from me, allowing my trifocals to work better and freeing up more room on my tabletop.

Trifocals? I know people that have trouble with bifocals. I'm extra lucky there, I don't need glasses for anything.

I like this one, colour is great without me adjusting anything. No manual with it but you can download one easy enough if you need it.

Nintendo Switch. On midnight shift, I think of it as my life support system. Along with the kindle and phone. 20190208_020245.jpg

I have fun with it. Video games really are a time waster. I mostly play it at work, helps pass the time :)

I find them relaxing and fun, but then again I'm a nerd. Used to play somewhat competitively, back in the day. Friend's cousin got a full ride to college, half for academics and half for video games. No kidding, he's playing 2 games competitively for the school. And they always said video games were a waste of time :lol:

Back