Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Mountain - Humboldt County, CA

I'll take those chips I guess.

Supposed to use a grinder, not a chipper!
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Thx for the info, Mrs B!

I hope to watch this weekend. I just found out we subscribe to netflix, doh!
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

General Purpose Sponsor Stumpshot's Avatar

Brother in law worked in Humboldt Co. after the medical legalization. He was partially paid in product, for personal use or re-sell. Still seemed to be quite the legacy going on there, so he bailed out pretty quick.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I bet I could make it work.

Treehouser Sponsor chris_girard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.B View Post
    Chris remember when you and Heidi were coming to California and you rented a place out in the country and we recommended you stay away from that area and find something else? That area has a similar reputation as Murder Mountain in terms of the caliber of people who live in the area and the shady things that happen there.
    I remember that very well Terri. We were talking about that as we watched the show. So glad you and Jer told us about the potential danger!

I watched a bunch of episode one, then read the synopsis of rest of episodes. Seemed to be all about kinda dumb, kinda dirt bag people, not my cup of tea but I appreciate the heads up. The Sheriff seemed like a bright guy.

With all those redwoods and all that vast area of land, where the heck are/were the loggers????
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Far away, I hope!!!

Daniel Boone National Forest used to be the biggest, or close to the biggest place for illegal cultivation on federal lands. We went rock climbing at the Red River Gorge in the mid 90's. A guy sitting on a bucket, fishing in one of the Red River tributaries told us...

"You boys stick to the main trails and you'll be ok. If you get off the main trail and end up in someone's marijuana patch, don't touch nothing, go back exactly the way you came, quick, and you'll probably be alright. Ya see, they're on the Guvmint Check and growing the MAriJuana. Couple boys got beat to death out there last year. Sometimes, there's trip-wires on a shotgun."
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Seems like they should have just hung the dude while they were at it, would have saved a bunch of headaches, and obviously the cops wouldn't have cared. You can't go half vigilante. Compared to Midwest inner city, where i grew up, it also seemed tame as far as crime goes. Most of the so called tough guys there wouldn't last a week here. Also, i would imagine that once it's legalized across the country, there will be no reason to grow there at all. And I'm also surprised that all the "farmers" didn't understand that there would be far less profit in it after it went legal. Basically the whole show was quite confusing, from the cops allowing the violence, to the outlaws that don't take care of shit, to the pity we are supposed to feel for people who did nefarious activity with the completely wrong crowd and ended up dead or in prison.
    Kyle