Welcome our new Administrator!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TBH, Carl won't be doing much admining until I can't do it anymore. I just want him to get a feel for things and be able to ask me questions about the admin functions while I can still help him.

Kinda like the "one is none, two is one" thinking.

I've been telling him that for years! I guess it took a good woman to make him see the light...

Pic of the better half?

TBH, Carl won't be doing much admining until I can't do it anymore. I just want him to get a feel for things and be able to ask me questions about the admin functions while I can still help him. Kinda like the "one is none, two is one" thinking.
Always good to have at least 2 admins, in case one goes AWOL or gets incarcerated or has a car accident... Kind of like the old doomsday nuclear protocol where there were 3 keys that needed to be turned simultaneously before the launch button could be pushed. Other forums I've been a part of had both Admin class users and Moderators assigned to specific sub-forums (I was a Mod on a large Apple/Mac forum). But I suppose that's for sites with a more diverse general population that could cause flame wars. Our motley crew here is pretty well behaved. For the most part...

One has always worked here for nearly 15 years, so far. I've never even needed a moderator, but that's because I've always stayed on top of things by being around almost all the time. When Carl takes over he may want moderators to help him oversee this place - that will be his choice.

I'll be pushing up daisies! :beer:

Dang Butch, you sound all excited about dying.... Like going to Disneyland....

How many remember Carl posting a pic of him and his high school sweetheart back at AS, pre-house days ???

He got some good mentoring on the forums and ran with the ball.... He's living proof of the difference this community can make..

...How many remember Carl posting a pic of him and his high school sweetheart back at AS, pre-house days ???

He got some good mentoring on the forums and ran with the ball.... He's living proof of the difference this community can make..

Hmm.. I'm curious which girl you are talking about.

It's certainly true that the online world has shaped who and where I am! Very grateful I didn't take the more common path into the tree world.

Hey Carl, I only have one question. . .

Can we we quote the most recent post in a thread? :D

I'm curious, too.

SeanKroll

Seems like a very slippery slope. :shifty:

Hey Carl, I only have one question. . .

Can we we quote the most recent post in a thread? :D

Ha! Good one, August! Everyone knows you have to keep stirring the pot! You wouldn't want it to form a crust!

Welcome, Carl! Thanks also from me for taking on this responsibility. Great photo of you and your daughter. You are a very fortunate man.

Tim

Yeah, we started the stump service when I was 12; I started the tree service when I was 16. My washing machine has seen lots of sawdust over the years!

I went to prom 3 years with 3 different girls (my sophomore year a junior took me). If I were going to guess, I'd think it's the blonde... she's married, was actually talking to her husband last night. They live a mile and change from here. I found out in 2016 she was my 5th cousin, common grandfather 5 generations ago that was born in the late 1700s :|:

Her?
carlandamyjuniorprom.jpg

Now this thread makes more since to me, I read this one before reading Sept-13th thread. Good pick Butch, congrats Carl. It's good to know your legacy will continue.

I'm not so much concerned with me, but I'd sure like the TreeHouse to keep on keeping on!

Back