Tree topping

RegC

TreeHouser
Some footage from yesterday. Not the most imaginative vid, but a sense of scale at least

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IEsKbzwalqA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Jed
Thanks, Reg...I was hoping you would give us this while you did R&R from the job so far. Always enjoy watching the precision of your work. Cool to see those big tops go.

Do you carry a scrench up the tree with you? If your saw acts up do you just send down for another saw?

Three tallboys in one day?

What a show off!

No forearm cramps?

British steel!

Jomo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all. Hey Gary, yes I have a bar wrench, chain and starter.cord on for the big ones like that. Otherwise its a long ways to be pulling the saw up and down on a wet 200ft rope

Jon, I got the 3 firs and 2 hemlock done. Would've been more but for huge loss of time due tonthe flaggers and blasting. Frustrating for me

Yes Mick, hate gloves mate, but those old firs are so easy to gaff out over the bottom half and lose the skin off the top of the fingers

Cool stuff! What a show for the motorists. I've driven through their countless times. The leaflickers must be all riled up I would imagine.

A perfect notch every time. Bombing big pieces from dizzying heights. Always impressive.

I'd love to come on all leaf licker like just to rile you all up some.

Can't do it.
That was a pleasure to watch, Reg.

Thanks again. Did you blokes notice the log strike at 2:38 ? Notice its predecessor stuck and stood in the ground upon landing. Martin Radioed up and asked if I could flatten it with the next one (2:38 ). Look carefully. Dont like to blow my own trumpet but.....:D And he never even said thanks

Thanks again. Did you blokes notice the log strike at 2:38 ? Notice its predecessor stuck and stood in the ground upon landing. Martin Radioed up and asked if I could flatten it with the next one (2:38 ). Look carefully. Dont like to blow my own trumpet but.....:D And he never even said thanks

I wondered what was going on there. Nice shot!

Sign of a true pro, you make it look easy. But we all know it is not.

Short phone vid from the same job. You cant see much but then neither did I

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VKLCppR98CU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah me too it seems. Thought wed see a big one getting blasted. Heard it at least

Back