Stihl-fings aint what they were...

Brian has given much to more than a few members here, and has received from us as well. That support from many members freely shared with him, alone tells a positive story. He's a prickly man, but a good member and friend, of that I am convinced. We are not all easy, for sure. Brian a bit less easy than most :).

Life is too short to suffer prickly fucks. :drink:
Does that mean I should log out for good and leave the House?
Being as I'm prickly as hell and that chemo undoubtedly will make me even more so.
There was nothing in Brians post that I couldn't have written myself and most likely would have if he hadn't beat me to it.
If you read back a few pages you'll see that the little hedge trimming new guy dissed me like hell.
Think he would have done that to my face?
Hell of a way to start posting in the House.

Silvadavid.
If you are still here...

I think the brand is not you issue, rather lack of experience, knowledge, good dealer and support..
Most of the stuff you mention is box store or internet shopping issues that you would not see buying from a dealer worth the name.
Dealer cover up the loss in knowledge and experience when it comes to product choice and service. Regardless of brand a good dealer is priceless.
The good dealers might not have the shiniest store, but I bet you know when you have one!

Internet is a big place I am sure you will find your spot eventually.

Does that mean I should log out for good and leave the House?
Being as I'm prickly as hell and that chemo undoubtedly will make me even more so.
There was nothing in Brians post that I couldn't have written myself and most likely would have if he hadn't beat me to it.
If you read back a few pages you'll see that the little hedge trimming new guy dissed me like hell.
Think he would have done that to my face?
Hell of a way to start posting in the House.
:D Who is Brian? I like him already! Along with you too stig! I can relate to both of yall is why! Anybody that knows me personally will tell you Im an asshole and I tend to agree with them on that. BUT Im the type that if I can help you I will and most of the time you don't even have to ask. Ive never been real good at filtering my words either so people pretty much know where they stand. Im also the guy that will come get you at 2am in the middle of a blizzard when you drop a transmission and pull your rig home. It all equals out I hope in the end. Otherwise the good Lord will have a lot to punish me for!

I didn't care for the flippy caps either at first, but they've grown on me. My 361 and 200t are 13 or 14 years old and caps are original.

I get CBB, couldn't be bothered, but CBA left me in the dark.

Crap, that was second time today.
Must be going senile or something.

So, two senile guys.
Makes me feel better.
Thanks, Butch:)

I thought of that but forgot the "r" that you guys put in Ass.

The human brain is a weird thing.
Your link with "buttocks" made me ( of course) think of: " May I please fondle your buttocks" and so on.

Just that one thing is proof that AI will never replace us.

For those non- Brits left in the dark by this exchange:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2YYM209GJoE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry folks,If I've rubbed folks up the wrong way,I DID point out,I tend to be a stihl loyalist.But,I think modern stuff IS going downhill-irrespective of the brand.My local husky dealer wont stock their mowers anymore-unacceptable failure rates,7 of the handheld blowers he sold out of 12 came back in in the first year-he warned me off them-a good guy.I guess some of it comes down to cultural differences,as to lion tools,makita are very highly regarded-de wallt less so (I'm being diplomatic here) amongst pro tradesmen, Milwaukee try to push in but are pricey and have no track record,festool are top dollar but what most cabinet makers etc,aim for.As to engines-4 stroke Honda and Kawasaki's are the bees knees.The newer ohc Hondas are as good as most,but not a patch on the (almost) vintage ohv kaaz,sarp and honda branded engines from the last Century.Apologies,if this isnt strictly a tree related post.And as one or two posters have mentioned,I AM Welsh 😏Then again it could be worse,briggs+stratton could have ',proudly thrown together in Wales' stamped on them😂,Have a good evening folks.

No problemo! Allow my sister to dance for you!

VWyRECL.gif

Back