Wanna trade some gear?

Jonny

Treehouser
I got some stuff in my bags and on the shelf that I'm not gonna use. I'm probably not the only one, am I right?
Someone else might be able to use mine or yours so offer your trades!
I think this might be fun and interesting, so I'm not looking to sell stuff, just trade. It's an OCGD thing, you probably understand perfectly :)

A set of Petzl Ascension hand ascenders, left and right, blue and gold. They're used and look it, but good working condition. Made in France.
20181209_011030.jpg

A steel Gibbs ascender for 7/16" - 1/2" with the pin, not the bolt. I think made in US but not sure. I used it a few times for second lanyard before I knew about split tails. 20181209_014049.jpg

A Kong rescue 8, beat up from riding in the bag. I don't believe I've ever actually used it. The regular figure 8 in the photo is for size comparison for noobs and is not for trade. Italy.
20181209_011554.jpg

A Stihl 011 AVT white/ electronic ignition. No spark, I got a new coil for it and I'm never gonna get around to putting it in. If anyone is really interested, I'll pull the muffler and take a pic of cylinder, otherwise call it a complete parts saw with 14" b&c.
20181209_012503.jpg
20181209_012553.jpg

A 6' one eye splice piece of poison ivy, never used but rode in the bag. It'd make a fine long split tail or short lanyard. Nick made it for me and my plan was a lighter duty rigging sling/ strong redirect, but I had a better option for that.
20181209_010948.jpg

A Ropeman 1 ascender. 12mm max. Very small basic ascender and I'm wondering if it may have potential for an adjustable rope bridge. Fig 8 for size comparison, made in England.
20181209_011622.jpg

A Kong Back-up fall arrest thing. Google it if you're interested. I thought it could be used as a belay device ( I was wrong) and the price was right compared to retail. I got pics from different angles if interested. Italy
20181209_014341.jpg
20181209_014402.jpg

A used and dullish Samurai Ichiban 13" pruning saw w scabbard. Still cuts but nothing like a new blade.
This might not even be worth shipping, but still too good for the recycle bin. Japan

20181209_012220.jpg

I keep some root-pruning saw blades around, and have made a floating/ knee ascender from a Petzl handled ascender (cut off at the top of the handle), fwiw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sean I thought about cutting one of these up for a knee ascender but I might not like it.
A chest ascender would be cool. Rope and cordage, aluminum carabiners, rings, climbing or rigging pulleys, slings, wedges, files, chainsaw chain, maybe some PPE, an aluminum rope snap.

Sometime I'll go through my carabiners and probably put some steel ones up here too. Got more than I'll ever need.

^ Is that your needs list? Always need steel 'biners, especially after the chipper carnage... :/:

If I think of it, I'll take pic of my home-made one tomorrow. I'm actually climbing tomorrow, fingers crossed. Works alright. Was from the pre-Haas era, still use it.

Does anyone have any Petzl Macrograb flipline grabs or the cable repair kits? Will buy or can figure out trades.

Edit - Macrograb accepts 1/2 to 5/8 inch rope.

Merle, if all you need is the spring cables, they replace very well with large diameter string cutter head plastic cord. Works a treat, cheap, and never gets the dreaded jaggers.

Otherwise, I think I might have a replacement cable or two in my gear boxes that I could spare, but I'd have to look to be sure. Does that help any? And yes, I'm speaking of the big ones, the Macrograb.

Merle, if all you need is the spring cables, they replace very well with large diameter string cutter head plastic cord. Works a treat, cheap, and never gets the dreaded jaggers.

Otherwise, I think I might have a replacement cable or two in my gear boxes that I could spare, but I'd have to look to be sure. Does that help any? And yes, I'm speaking of the big ones, the Macrograb.

Great tip, thanks. I can use that for repairs. Still would like a couple more macrograbs. Didn't know they were discontinued.

Back