Rope brake vid.

As a climber, I can't see myself using that. Pretty pricey too.

what's left of my head would explode if I had to use that

Looks cumbersome.
Can definitely reduce glazing on rigging lines by taking some friction away from the lowering device.
I would get an AFB if I wanted such a tool. 39961-aerial-friction-break-hand.jpg

I’ve held one at the 2017 expo. Doing bucket work, maybe. I’m not going back to my rigging point to adjust friction for every other cut. As a climber, hell no. To bulky to haul up. For a bucket guy if they made the wrap holes mid line adjustable I might consider it. From my recollection it was really well built and plenty stout. Way tougher than the AFB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No Squish, not trolling. It came up on AT and got a universal thumbs down.

Just wanted to see if we’d missed something by asking you guys without a prejudicial intro.

All the points made on here were raised on there.

Thanks.

If your groundie is a complete moron, I can see the value of letting the climber decide how much friction to put on a given branch, but even so, it is a lot of extra work, setting that cumbersome thing.

And since I don't work with morons, it has no value whatsoever for me.

Not judging , just observing ... As a Climber it would be silly to go back up every time to control the work (kinda the Ground person's job). Also it's certainly well designed and built if not over built , yet attached to a smallish limb with some old 1/2" sixteen strand hmmmm. Good idea though not practical for me , he does allright with his Bucket and Ground person I guess

If you need friction in the tree, a porty or safebloc would out perform it I think.

Exactly. Porty works fine set right. Just Rob and I on this one. Him on the KK and I with a porty vector in logs into the LZ. No other help that day. Some he caught using both lines and I took over, or I just conto led my end depending on my comfort with his pretension in the tip tie. Not that I recommend it. Just that it can be made to work.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1543559302067.jpg
    FB_IMG_1543559302067.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 20
Back