Looking for work anywhere in the USA

Gripfast

Treehouser
Im a canadian resident, US citizen. Im looking to try and put togather a work development trip. I have been in the game now for 4 short years but come from a background with lots of transferable skill sets.

Minimum 2 weeks maximum 2 months
Anytime from Jan till mid april.
Minimum of 20$ an hour and 2 weeks of work to cover my travel expenses. I cost more if you want me to bring more then a saddle and a helmet but can bring all gear needed for top down removals except for heavy bull ropes, heavy tackle ans saws over 20 inches. I can also bring a go pro and am good with editing.
I am rarely if ever late, never called in sick in 4 years.
I smoke pot and drink responsible and will never do it on your time or 8 hours before your time.
Here is my business www.OttawaRiverAdventures.ca and a video that may give you a bit of an idea of who I am. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIVTo6rg7jA

Im looking to challenge the ISC test this winter and considering venturing out on my own. I want more diverse work experience and multiple mentors.
Im looking to share my experiences and learn from yours
If its above freezing Im happy to sleep in my tent in your yard.

I have attached my resume.
View attachment William Leslie Whitewater Resume 2018 with tree work.pdf
PM me if your interested and I can send you references and some photos of the trees I have done and my time lines.

Hmmmm... perhaps Dot Palm has a place for you.

Do you like the Florida Keys?

Ooops... missed the pot part. That's gonna fug you up, insurance-wise.

I like your post and it's clear and honest nature.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Cory, now hopefully someone with 2 weeks of work south of the mason dixon line thinks so too! lol but I am also now part Canadian beaver so have no problem climbing and working in the snow.

$20 per hour is cheap, about $160 per day. Climbers here get $250-300 per day. My phone is slow right now but if this winter is half as busy as last year I may be able to get you a few weeks work in central Florida. Ever been to Disney World? :lol:

$20 per hour is cheap, about $160 per day. Climbers here get $250-300 per day. My phone is slow right now but if this winter is half as busy as last year I may be able to get you a few weeks work in central Florida. Ever been to Disney World? :lol:

Pirates of the Caribbean was my favorite ride........its been 28 years tho..........Im happy to make more especially if I am bringing my own saws and ropes and rigging gear. I am really looking for work experience with different crews and other industry "professionals". Plus I like to travel.

Very true, seeing the saturn 5 in person is astounding

It was awesome to see everything that they had. I have followed the space program since I watched the moon landings as a little guy. Those guys had a big pair to strap their azz into those Mercury capsules, just a really big soup can.

The space shuttle building was the big one for me because I followed that program since the first launch when I was in high school. The Mars exhibit was another big one that I still follow to this day.

Ash 2.jpg Ash 3.jpg Ash 4.jpg Oak.jpg

These are kinda my favorite types of jobs. Not too much weight, lots of rigging. The ash tree with the split, I rigged out 90% of it and had it all on the ground in 8 hours from arriving on site. The straps you see in the pic were put on from the Utility company, I added a few more as I climbied it. I took my time with it as it was one of the more hazardous tress I have worked in.

The oak does not show the full canopy but it was decent for a 40-45 foot oak. I had it all down on the deck in 2.5 hours from arriving on site. I did a second one 30-35 feet less canopy easier rigging, leaning over the house not pictured in 1.5 hours.

The tree was standing for several days no straps, the 2 straps you see in the pic are from the power company. I added 2 more. One in the middle and one higher. It closed up a bit more with the top strap. I climbed one of the center leaders. It went well and felt good the whole time especially after I got some outside weight off. But yeah Butch maybe I should not of climbed it, thats why Im here. I have some game and alot of transferable experience but I am not oblivious to the fact that I am lacking in good experienced tree mentorship. This is why I thought some work development might be fun.

I need to buy some gear, and put you to work for me, at double your scale now. You came to the right place to learn tho my friend, with the exemption of me, most here are absolute tree monsters. I'm just a construction worker friend :) here's a similar oak i did. Not pushing you to push your comfort level, but this shit is apprentice level shit compared to what most people here do day in and day out. Like you, trees are/were a side gig for me, and you should never push past what you know you can handle.

20150609_140831.jpg

Back