Stihl 192T help

canadianclimber

TreeHouser
Hey,

My stihl 192T has been great. Currently runs and idles awesome apart from when I tip it down/hang it on my saddle. As soon as I hang it up it shuts off. Other then that running perfect. Any thoughts on where to start adjusting it?

Thanks

Idle circuit may be slightly rich. Try turning the low end screw CC a little bit. Idle speed should go up a hair. Hope that does it.

The thought process behind that is something I learned when tuning my 200T's years ago. When it is idling and the low setting is too rich, fuel will puddle up in the crankcase. Then when you turn the saw over all the liquid fuel dumps into the intake which makes it stall.

I found that too on my ms150T.
After the theft, I took back to work my first ms150T, discarded with some issues. Beside a broken ground wire, the saw kept stalling randomly at idle, heavily four stroking during the cut and sucking the gas tank. It started well each time though and doesn't flood while stopped.
Playing with the carb settings, I reduced the four stroking and found that I have to turn completely down the low speed to make it idles fine.
I guess that the gas found an easier way than the regular one to go through the carb.
That doesn't correct the root problem, but at least I can use it until the new one is coming.

I found that too on my ms150T.
After the theft, I took back to work my first ms150T, discarded with some issues. Beside a broken ground wire, the saw kept stalling randomly at idle, heavily four stroking during the cut and sucking the gas tank. It started well each time though and doesn't flood while stopped.
Playing with the carb settings, I reduced the four stroking and found that I have to turn completely down the low speed to make it idles fine.
I guess that the gas found an easier way than the regular one to go through the carb.
That doesn't correct the root problem, but at least I can use it until the new one is coming.

You should probably remove or replace the spark arrestor screen after running and idling rich. I don't think ours ever had tuning issues, but it did plug the screen within 3 months.

A blow torch should clean the removed-from-saw screen.

My top-handles didn't get hot enough from shutting off after most climbing cuts. I try to get it hot, more. A bucking cut or two to run it hot, or limbing a smaller conifer on the ground.

I know well the tiny piston but in the ms200T. The issue generated is more a lean condition, and an erratic rotation speed, function of the tiny air bubbles coming or not with the gas flow.

I didn't though of the exhaust clogging. I have to check that. I don't have a screen though.

Now, I have the low speed screw turned down to zero, but it idles fine, a little slow to rev up but cuts well.
Funny thing, I can barely stop it by the chock. It seems to idle forever (at least 5 seconds) before dying. One pull and it start again, even shut off by the chock (instead of 3 pulls or more with the saw in good working condition).
Strange set of symptoms...

I picked up a second hand 192t, had the same problem, bogged and died when hanging. I replaced the impulse line and manifold, seems to be running strong.

Back