I've been eating my weed...

Jonny

Treehouser
For a year now.
I might smoke it once or twice a week if the situation presents itself with friends or family or girlfriend but don't prefer it. I eat a half serving or a full of a cannabis gummy candy daily though. To clear confusion, I don't mean CBD stuff you get at the rez or headshop; I mean THC laden weed.

It's not as simple (or as gross) as just eating raw bud. It needs to be let down with heat and fats to make it GI soluble. It can be as simple as " budder".

Idk where to start or how to describe the closest I was to " rock bottom ", but having gone through 10+ years of VA prescribed antidepressants and sleeping drugs and guilt, and suicide attempts; I've never been better than now. Work ethic, planning, happiness, goals, sex drive, priorities. Haven't felt all that in a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks GiGi!

Butch, go as simple or extravagant as you want. There's so much info and recipes out there but the base is usually similar. A cup of oil should absorb a cup of ground bud, but if in doubt, more oil is less wasteful than more bud. Measure volume not weight right now.

I don't have the brains to accurately describe decarboxylation, but low heat with a sufficient amount of fat/ oil should do it.

Butter is very potent , actually too much for me (I somehow overdid it a long time ago). Very effective mind and body high for sure.

Same. Tried it in the past and had no luck. Like Deva says either to much, or your like wtf did I just waist that herb for. Nothing.

I've forsaken the herb though since last May. Seems odd to me but I just lost my desire for it. Not a drop of the stuff since then. Maybe one day again, but not today. The timing of it finally becoming legal is ironic. Maybe I'm just a outlaw at heart.

That's the beauty of marijuana - completely non-addictive, unlike alcohol. Quitting weed is easypeasyfrenchfriesgreasy.

Smoke weed err day!

Or vape... or eat

Yah I just quit one day after let's say many years of heavy use. No problemo, zip, zero, zilch.

Ive just started taking CBD oil and so has the wife, man I am so much less stressed out! Work, traffic, people, used to really piss me off but now im alot more relaxed. Been sober 20 weeks today too, that saves alot of money!

Cheers to the king of all plants!

Good to hear mistahbenn, I know firsthand that's a hard road sometimes.

So bizarre watching the public stigma associated with weed just melting away once science is given some freedom to research it.

Hell yah. Even as an abstainer I'm all for it. And a big supporter of legalization. Way less harmful than alcohol.

It's a beautiful thing. We are allowed to grow four plants per person(adult) here now. I may plunk eight in the garden next year just to watch the ganja do its thing.

. Maybe I'm just a outlaw at heart.

;)

I wondered whether legalization would lead some folks to lose their luster for weed because now its not an outlaw/anti society thing, it's mainstream.

It's so weird how the positive aspect isn't realized by the masses, and even moreso - so many are so dead-set against it.

Lordy.

;)

I wondered whether legalization would lead some folks to lose their luster for weed because now its not an outlaw/anti society thing, it's mainstream.

The irony of it isn't lost on me. And I've thought on it a bunch. I don't like that it's taxed and the government is the only one legally selling it in BC. But I could very easily acquire it illegally still. I just have zero desire for it. Had my fill so to speak.

Are illegal sources cheaper now than before legalization?

The court's still out on that: it depends on where you live. The consensus is street weed is still cheaper.

And still illegal here, like bootleg liquor, I believe.

Butch, if you have an electric burner on your stove, put some butter in steel spoon, balance the spoon so it doesn't spill, turn the burner on low to low-medium, wait a little while (5-10 minutes, I'd guess), take it off and pour on toast or whatever. Done.

When I've been sick, and smoking wasn't an option (pre-vape), this method worked a treat. Vapes still make you cough.

Johnny, do you have anything to weigh-in on for eating versus smoking for opiate-addiction/ withdrawal? I know someone hurting.

Just saying, it can be as easy as a one-bite batch. No need for tons of leaf, or ounces of bud, no preparation except to grind or finely break it up. Easy to explore.

Sean, I used kratom to get off opiates. Made withdrawal symptoms 99% better. After 2 months I fast tapered off kratom comfortably.

She is trying to get on suboxone (sp?) and a 5 day detox.

She and her husband know about kratom, and have taken it. I know him, not her. Met her today. I have researched it a little bit. They seem wise to the opiate withdrawal benefits. I'm trying to lend support, make sure their kids are getting what they need.

She got prescribed opiates after childbirth, and fell back into the hole.

Money is beyond tight for them. IDK if they have been buying it. I'm going to talk to him in a bit. I'll just ask him if he needs money for it.

I know of someone who is using marijuana in place of opiates to cope with pain. He was very seriously wounded, and all the VA could do was prescribe more and more opiates. His quality of life and functionality was extremely poor. I don't know what he is using specifically, i.e. straight weed, or an extractive of some kind, but he is doing much, much better.

Back