Dump Trailers

I had a load trail with some shoddy welds, cold lap, lack of fusion, bad welds on the dump box body. Frame was solid. This was maybe an 05’. Then an 2012 flat bed I had and traded in last year had premature wear IMO.

This is my first dump trailer. It’s ~17’ long. Factory trailer, but someone cut/lengthened it 4’ (did a fair job of it). Scissor hoist stayed in original position, so it doesn’t raise near as high as one would like, but brush/wood slides right off when you pull forward. I cut the side boards on the right side so I can load a bunch at the rear and hop the Boxer on the front when needed. I keep it as a backup or for times I need an extra. Removable side boards means it gets to haul lumber and such when needed as loading the other two with a forklift is impossible.
View attachment 114904
What make is this one?
Don't see to many flatbed dumps

right on, thank you.

I'm debating selling my equipment trailer and dump trailer to try and combine the two. I've only ever seen one other deckover flat bed dump without the fold down sides. seems like the best of both worlds if you're not hauling loose material. For me it almost always equipment or log length wood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another year, another dump trailer. A few weeks ago I sold my little 6x12 Big Tex because it was too small, too tall and too heavy for what it was. But the week I had it up for sale I needed it on 3 jobs over 3 days. I ended up making multiple trips because it was too small. So I sold it on a Saturday morning and found the perfect replacement Saturday afternoon. I drove 100 miles the next day and left a $1000 deposit on the new trailer. Picked it up the next weekend. This week I finally got the bunk boards installed (or whatever you call them) and turned the tarp 90 degrees to in front of the box instead of over the box.

The design of this trailer is neat. The box frame sits inside the trailer frame instead of on top, allowing the box to be lower. Deck height is only 24" high. Floor is 7 gauge steel and sides are 10 gauge. Empty weight is 3690 lbs (700 more than the baby Big Tex). With the bunk boards it measures 13.3 yards capacity. I also like the braces at the back to keep the sides from flaring out.

IMG_0437.JPG IMG_0438.JPG IMG_0439.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have no use for the two way gates, but it was a used trailer and the price was right. I even contemplated welding it shut to eliminate the two way function but I think that would be a waste of time with no benefit, and reduction of future resale value. I am disappointed the gates don't open all the way back against the sides of the trailer but I will get over it. My only minor criticism that I will have fixed is that there is only 1 latch to hold both gates. I want each gate latched independently for safety reasons. My welder can fix that for less than $100.

Back