Newbie, Intro & Question - Leave Climbing Line Overnight?

Silly to do IMO. Climbline would be better referred to as lifeline. Treat like your life depends on it, well, because it does. I was never one to use it like a bullrope.

I, too, am pure! :D

"Ground" is roots, rocks, roughage of all sorts. I can't see crashing a spar on a lifeline anymore.

Thanks for all the replies & encouragement. I'm embarrassed to admit I never thought of the compromise suggested by many of you - pull the climbing line and leave a throw line. Perfect.

Howard

I usually trade out a climb line or bull rope for a leave rope that is cheap and I don't care about strength on. (My throwlines I do want to stay strong.) I buy the equivalent of the 'plastic' Polypro, truckers rope in 3/8 inch. I also tie it high enough off the ground that no one can reach it overnight. Grab the loop with a pole hook and pull out a slip knot in the morning, coil falls to the ground. (There is also a specific way to reset friction savers remotely, from the ground, at the same time.)

Welcome to The Tree House Howard.

Yup. Just did. Had time to set a couple of throw lines the day before while the lads were doing some tidy up. Pull climb lines in first thing in the morning and get on it.

I always leave lines in overnight. I always looks at them as best as I can before climbing on them again too.

Welcome to the house :)

Welcome to the TreeHouse, brother!!!

Thanks. Been lurking and the Buzz has been so slow for me lately I thought I'd engage.

I like how these types of forums are real folks with real knowledge real experience and words to say. Lots of good conversation in a forum like this. Not an excess of trolling, if any at all.

I've been a firewooder in a prior life. Now I climb trees occasionally on my properties (mostly my families) to maintain what needs maintaining. Started climbing 6 months ago and love it. I notice a lot of the same names on the other forum I'm part of too.

Make yourself at home brother. This place ain't as hopping as it used to be, but that's about true of all forums nowadays. We aren't much like TB or AS at all.

Welcome man! You might know me as Bango Skank over there.

Hope you enjoy The TreeHouse, there's alot of brilliant minds here, as well as a few that are legends.

Well thanks for the introduction Jonny. You are overly kind in your words:lol:
Welcome to the house. I’m Rich. AKA Treebilly basically everywhere on the web. There is a lot to learn here. Trust me, the Jedi’s are plentiful on this site

Back