ELECTRIC Felco or Other HAND Pruners ... Experience? Feedback? Hearsay?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok...I submit. :)
Never tried ARS

I've seen and tried the ARS, but like FELCO better. The ARS area about 50% the price on Amazon.

One thing that's certain about FELCO ... I've got two of them used professionally since 1984 and 1985. That's over 30 years. I don't have any ARS tool that's come anywhere close to that longevity. I found ARS loppers better than corona, but the Felco 20 is leaps and bounds the best lopper I ever owned. It got lost after 15 years somehow, and I plan to replace it. The "CORONA" stamped on these FELCO hand pruners proves their age. An older man at the Felco corporation confirmed that Corona distributed for them in parts of the USA until 1985.

Comfort may boil down to each person's choice when picking a brand. Some like rotating handles. For me, those were a nuisance. I always take time whenever I'm in a landscape center or chainsaw shop to handle saws and pruners. It's something Amazon and catalogues don't offer a leap over the hurdle for.

Attachments

• Nov_28 007.jpg
    Nov_28 007.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 20
Here's my old collection from years ago. Some I still have. The electric hand pruners have an attachment that can substitute for the long handle pruner toward the top.

Attachments

• 11.13.04 042.jpg
    11.13.04 042.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 19
I musta said sumpfin funny...

I've also only had two pairs of felcos in almost 30 years of hort/arb career in Bermyland and that's only because I lost my first pair.
...well three if you count the pair I bought when moving to Tasmania...they are on 10 years and still going...

My left handed Felco 9 arrived today. Slightly different feel from the Felco 2, but since its for my left hand side it should only take a day to get used to.

The other day I was thinking of the Felco 20 also. But when it came to ordering, I opted for the slightly longer Felco 210 A with curved blade. It's still compact. Should arrive tomorrow.

Today was my first lengthy use of the Zenport electric hand pruner. I used it for 4 hours on the Wisteria and the battery lights indicated 2/3 power remaining. It worked good.

Just got back from Portland, where one home had a mini orchard. That was the first use on multiple fruit trees. I pruned 6 apple trees, 3 pear trees, 2 plum trees, 1 cherry, 1 fig and 1 Turkish bay, all in 6 hours.

The Zenport electric hand pruner worked perfectly and never locked up. Used 1/3 of it's power, cutting with the small machine for about 5 hours and handsaw and hand pruners for 1 hour.

Actually, it's worth adding that two of the three battery indicator lights were on. Its possible if the unit were used 5 more minutes it could change to just one light showing 1/3 power. So maybe we can say it had about 1/2 power remaining.

Back