Rigging teepee/ tripod

SeanKroll

Treehouser
Anyone built a wooden tower for a high point for a Speedline.

I have a failed Willow on the break if a step hill, without a high anchor point. Bottom end ok.
Long run... Unmeasured.

I'm wondering about a light duty teepee made out of 2x4s. Zip rope would load over the top and to the ground behind it, compressing teepee. Two
8' or 10'- 2x4's per teepee leg, overlapped, screwed together.

Light pieces.

I have a thin layer of decorative river rock going uphill to a golf course lawn and tidiness, which would need 14 sheets of plywood to reach the road without screwing it up. Downhill,a thin layer of decorative mulch, so running the loader up and down this steep area isn't so great.

This is the HOA representatives house that sends me work. The failed tree is really in the greenbelt, and I suspect good preference is not going through his place.

Any other trees near by?
A high line set between two and a floating block. Maybe.
I have not used a teepee but I seen it in rescue rigging check Rock Erotica for ideas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...f8ef4122dbe9f!8m2!3d47.0609423!4d-122.9481897

behind this house.

The armillaria-infected, lone tree in the middle of the mulch patch, up on the hill...address is Goldcrest Heights, aptly. This has been cut down for view and grown up in many 4-5" leaders. The stump would be the heaviest bit, but one trip through the wet yard with the AT would be workable, winched up the hill on the river rock, possibly leapfrogging plywood.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...f8ef4122dbe9f!8m2!3d47.0609423!4d-122.9481897

Maybe not even a Tripod, maybe just two small fir tops 16' long in an upside-down V, perpendicular to the rope. The speedline rope could be 'fixed at the "V", and guyed back to a picket or two, or a bush.

Gravity and height are a lot less impact on a wet slope than tools like a loader.

Maybe just one pole, guyed-out, would be adequate. KISS.

I already have two duck-bill anchors (somewhere) that I got from a garage sale, without an intended use. I can picket-anchor, as needed, in the mulch bed...easy to hide any impact. And for that matter, can dig a shallow hole for the butt of pole.

It's only 29 hours and 2021miles away I'll stop out and have a look. Tough one maybe shoot the moon on price.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could build a ramp (plywood on 2x6's, for the 3 steps in the otherwise fair line for a winch or truck-powered pull up the hill with the Arbor Trolley. I should pull out my chainsaw-powerhead-powered capstan winch, its been lazy for years.

Would be okay, I think. The HOA wants mulch, so dumping should be 'around the corner'. Have to be super-neat cleanup if I go uphill.

And this is where the stuff in my redneck crane threads comes in handy, I'm not useless after all!!! :lol: i would lean towards 2" pipe with a ring welded at the end to connect the pieces, which will actually be much stronger and can be tossed behind the garage till when you need them again in a couple years. That or use 4x4s, which stand compression much better. If you can get ahold of some scaffold (like biljax or something) that makes great towers for rigging, we've set all sorts of stuff using them. I'll see if i can find a page in one of those free book downloads, I'm pretty sure both the military rigging and the military ropeways books had detailed setups with load ratings and everything in them.... are there any trees nearby to use either as a guy anchor or a rigging point? Even if one isn't perfectly inline, you could rig a simple boom to offset to where you need it (basically forming a boom derrick). Chris will likely have first hand knowledge as well...

Ok page 29 in the aerial rigging book, mentioned in redneck cranes thread, post 138. The first book mentioned in that post is the army rigging manual, on page 131 i think it has exactly how to rig a tripod for doing this. :)

You can also do a picket anchor. PLEASE CALL IN LOCATES BEFORE PLACING ANCHORS OF ANY KIND!!!!

Back