3 man Fir takedown

RegC

TreeHouser
I put out some 'before' pics of this tree on another thread just recently. All went pretty well....just a lot of chunking down through the afternoon.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eNly8bkbVIQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really like the looks of the rigging rings.
Did you do that cable installation years ago?
Smooth as always man, it's fun just watching sometimes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Johnny. No, we didn't know there was even a cable up there

Looks like a long highly productive day Reg!

Gives me forearm muscle cramps just watchin yu.

Nicely done bro!

Jomo

Reg needs no bitch mittens.
I do but Reg no. His hands are rock and impervious to injury that mere mortals suffer.

I dont have particular big or tough hands, quite the opposite. I just hate the feeing of gloves. Thanks

Size or toughness bears little on cuts, abrasions or even rope burns. Additionally, ugly gloves increase my grip threefold!

Plus I hate sappy fingers/hands.

Great title!

Whoah, that opening scene!

Nice to see the job/vid after the heads up you gave earlier.

Your vids ooze a one-of-a-kind vibe.

Show some climbing/manouvering!

Thanks for posting, great to watch.8)

I've never much liked gloves either, and I'd only use them when things got really sappy, but all of a sudden about a month ago, gloves quit bothering me nearly as much. Now I use them a lot.

Good show, Reg, Good show.

I thought maybe even more kids.

He's posting videos to Youtube.

IDK, some theists might not hang with the vibe. Some atheists, too, for that matter, I suppose.

Undoubtedly you will get attrition of the devout.

Reg, did you have to ring up all that wood? Self-loading truck hired?

Good show, Reg, Good show.

I thought maybe even more kids.

He's posting videos to Youtube.

IDK, some theists might not hang with the vibe. Some atheists, too, for that matter, I suppose.

Undoubtedly you will get attrition of the devout.

Reg, did you have to ring up all that wood? Self-loading truck hired?

Yeah I went back in my own yesterday to cut and clean up. Truck load of sawdust but the logs stayed. That was the deal. He can sell the wood.
Resized_20181108_151112_7028.jpg

I'd be a wuped pup the next morning. Best to take the extra time to get done in one day. Be worse to have to go up on the second day. Speaking of pitch.

Windchecks in old-growth fir can hold 10- 20 gallons of pitch. Once you vent a check to the atmosphere it can suck air, gurgle and pour out pitch for an hour, and there's not much else you can do until it's done. Nasty. I've always like the smell of it though.

I would love to have taken one like that on. Once you get up there, what does a few more feet matter!

VWyRECL.gif

Back