Hydraulic attachments?

I have a Limb-Lopper long reach hydraulic chain saw I bought about 20 years ago. I used it one time then stuck it in the back of the shed and it's been there ever since. Make me an offer if you want it. Greenlee/Fairmont is the brand name. It's 6 or 7 feet long, insulated, and has the hoses attached.

I have one, used it once. They are great for work around wires afaik.

I didn't mind a hyd circular saw trimming ROWs. It kept the cutting at a distance and extended my reach. They broke out a hyd chainsaw and I used it for about an hour.

Actually I had a hyd saw, used once, sold it . Still have hyd pole pruner, used maybe 2x, not used in 10 +years, anyone care to buy it?

I even removed the hydraulic attachment ports in my buckets (still need to remove them in the newest truck). IMO it is just more plumbing that can't do anything for me except leak. Better to bypass the entire valve assemblies and get rid of unneeded weight and bulk.

If anybody still uses that shit and needs spare hydraulic parts, just ask.

My subs bucket has hydro hook ups but they are dead and he left the hoses in the boom as a back up if need be. Already run just plug and play.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Searching for the boss. He called about them so I’m doing a small amount of questioning. I personally don’t like them either but we do a lot of removals in a city who’s power supplier is about twenty years behind on the five year cycle thing. Waiting for them to do make safe’s is not really an option. Also gas powered is not an option either since they’re non-insulated. I have no idea of what these things cost so I can’t make an offer. I’ll be talking with Scott Brenner tomorrow for Arial rescue training and find out more.

After a small amount of searching I figured out basically slightly less than 2k per saw. In my mind that is money well spent on a crew that is around power most of the time. I’m personally entertaining the idea of buying one for my personal truck but really don’t need it

I’ll be in touch Brett. I just got a break from stuff to check in for a minute again. Nothing but constant mayhem for me. Burning the candle at both ends plus in the middle right now

I see a lot of people don’t like the hydraulic stuff but I’m not seeing a lot of reasons why. Just curious because I’ve always thought that they would be pretty kick ass.

Imagine using your gas powered pole pruner all day long from a bucket. Then imagine attaching two pressurized hoses to the back end of it so you can't just flip it around. You have to brace it against your body and turn your entire body to move the saw. And you wonder why line clearance guys always make such lousy cuts? You couldn't pay me enough to use a hydraulic saw.

Back