Vertical Village Communities

Jomo

TreeHouser
Some of my fondest memories as a father are teaching my daughter n two sons how to footlock up a doubled rope, split the lines, slip between and rest, securely locked off, grinning down at me. The eldest, my daughter was the most adept at it.

I often wonder whether my decision to steer my kids away from work in the tree industry was the right move? I guess the blood n trauma I'd witnessed over twenty years at that point in 93 prejudiced my decision.

I often think about what it'd be like to raise kids in a vertically oriented village of high rise towers where adults and kids get about on suspended cables.

The best means of preventing obesity in kids is to let them wear themselves out physically, like my parents did our family of ten.

The human body's meant to be a climbing machine, maybe we belong in the tree's vertical world to obtain peak physical fitness societally?

What's that talking heads song?

Mom n pop, they will fug you up.......

Jomo

You’re a sort aren’t you Jomo? Disappear for years, then back flooding us with your every thought (no matter how daft)

What do you do in the meantime?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Write real bad poetry ole pal.

You don't like the idea of zip lining to schools/malls/parks?

Yur pooch afraid of heights or somethin?

Jomo

So once we came down outta the trees, there's no goin back up, no matter how fat we get?

Bit of a Debbie Downer ain't yu?

Jomo

Is that why gymnasts are so fuggin ugly Mick?

Jomo

We have, near me, caves in the cliffs at Les Eyzies where early man lived.

I remember reading that their inaccessibility made them safe from bears and other scary shit.

Been through a few times for work, should really stop one day and have a looksee.

Attachments

• A6FD7C65-1FEB-4A0E-8467-D3434E3214B7.jpeg
    A6FD7C65-1FEB-4A0E-8467-D3434E3214B7.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 56
What I'm drivin at here's that a vertically oriented environment's a healthier more physically fit environment.

That even further, a symbiotic existence in a forest environment's a mutually beneficial aspiration worth exploring.

Stair stepper's are conducive to nice asses being more prevalent IMO.

Jomo

Ok Jomo, if you want to bang a 7ft blue chick from avatar it’s all good.

This one is from cosplay (whatever that is)

Attachments

• B381AF35-B86E-4B85-A9E5-D55B8E57DF84.jpeg
    B381AF35-B86E-4B85-A9E5-D55B8E57DF84.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 54
That Natasha Kinski chick in Cat People'll do, no doubt.

Jomo

It would be like coming full circle, evolve back into a monkey.
I know right! That just blew your mind.

There's a hilarious vid of an extremely agile and adept spider monkey antagonizing a pride of lions, trying to take a nap beneath the wrong monkey's tree.

Swingin down on em n boppin them in the head, laughin at em, till he drove them all off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NRyGzlf6SpQ

All we're really missin's the prehensile tail.

I love the vid of the GoPro on a squirrel too.

Jomo

Humans are designed to be loaded on the core and to reach above & pull, tug, twist. I greatly encourage my children to use the monkey bars and overhead rings and pull up bars on the jungle gym. Pete Egoscue makes a big deal about how constrained into a limited box most motion is in modern society -- how to be fully functional in your joints and range of motion, you have to reach overhead and look up -- pick stuff up off a top shelf, bring it down to the floor, repeat.

Ever hear of the book Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of Strength and Development ? or more specifically, Dinosaur Bodyweight Training ?

Yeah, I took alotta pride in my Presidential Physical Fitness Award patch, sewed it to my pop warner football jersey.

I guess it morphed into something else after the Apollo generation.

As I recall it took quite a few pull ups n push ups n muscle ups to win the award.

Then came the space shuttle n star wars......

Jomo

I heard a interesting theory that we are monkeys that left the trees and went into the water... Hence the shape of our noses, are webbed fingers, hairless bodies, high intelligence, ability to hold our breath at birth (the only primates with this ability). I like that theory, I love to climb and swim.

I often wonder whether my decision to steer my kids away from work in the tree industry was the right move? I guess the blood n trauma I'd witnessed over twenty years at that point in 93 prejudiced my decision.

Jomo

Climbing for fun and fitness is all good, but I do not want my children being working climbers. Too dangerous.

Maybe I sound like a hypocrite. I don't care. It's just that seemingly small mistakes and oversights can be extremely unforgiving.

Back