Jonsered big saws Discontinued?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As Magnus can tell you look what all husky has bought up over the years for their technology.

Partner, Poulan, Jonsereds, Roper, Zenoah / called redmax here.

Just listed a few of them. There is more.

I just listed main stuff in states.

I had tried to find a jobu 949 or 949S at one time. Partner made saw of 5000.

Interesting info on jobu = The company was later purchased by Christiania Spigerverk in Oslo, which later merged with Elkem to become Elkem Spigerverket. In 1983 it was sold to Electrolux in Sweden, and the production of Jobu-saws was terminated.

Funny thing, a nail factory buying a chainsaw manufacturing plant.

Everybody knows nails and chainsaws don't go well together.

No red max sales here.
Jonsered dealers continue and no box store sales here of Jonsered yet.

Just listed a few of them. There is more.

I just listed main stuff in states.

I had tried to find a jobu 949 or 949S at one time. Partner made saw of 5000.

Interesting info on jobu = The company was later purchased by Christiania Spigerverk in Oslo, which later merged with Elkem to become Elkem Spigerverket. In 1983 it was sold to Electrolux in Sweden, and the production of Jobu-saws was terminated.

I think you got a bit misinformed. Jobo and new factory was sold to Elux. They still use it today. The old factory perhaps was sold to ELKEM.
The sale was between Elux and Jobu owners.

It was a bit confusing during the time they merged the three brands Jobu, Partner and Jonsered.
They made saws in these brands in all factories at first. Then Partners factory was closed and they moved to Jonsered.
Production stayed there a couple years, but design and engineering teams moved to Husqvarna.

First brand Elux bought and sold was McCulloch.

Back