Hitch Hiker Hitch

Brocky, it's a cool idea and I love seeing modifications and good homemade gear. The hitchhiker device/ dogbone itself already removes a lot of friction from the cord. Are you eating up hitchcord unusually fast? I admit I haven't yet descended quickly srs on it yet, but even then it'd take some serious weight and speed to damage some beeline or ultratech.

Does the bar add any friction at all if you're not also braking some with your other hand? Looks like friction is added from the wrong end when you're ascending and taking up slack and I'm in love with the slack tending on this device.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like how it prevents wearing on the cord and is so easy to engage and disengage with the rope. Plus there's no worries about dropping anything. There is some added friction if the rope just hangs through it. You have to disengage it when ascending, but that only takes a couple of seconds to do.

Long time no read here, Brocky.
I apologize if my posts on this thread were ignorant or insulting. I should talk less and listen more when the topic is something I don't thoroughly understand. Working from a single rope is still new to me and back when this thread was going, it was completely foreign to me.

I pay close attention to your writing and drawings, and alot of folks can learn alot from you.
Just hate to think you may have stopped posting because of something I said.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just waiting for someone to comment. There has been a lot of views, but no one posted if they tried the hitch, so didn’t think anyone was that interested. I now make the carabiner brake bar with a thin wooden break away point and a stainless tube for the rope to run on. The bar can be placed on a separate carabiner, rather than on the one clipped to the HH, hitch, or mechanical device. Also shown are some cords that work well with the HH, the multi colored single braids are dyneema and polyester blends.
AFA97EBB-0A0D-4090-BBED-A229E690E12B.jpg
This will probably be the last update on the HH, I prefer a hitch, so don’t use the HH that often.

Back