Tree with a view

It sucks when your main guy is away. It seems, to me, that the flow of the job gets disrupted a disturbance in the force so to speak.

My main man is on holiday.

So the older, occasional guy is under pressure, I had him driving the loader yesterday, he’s slower, less confident but careful.

I have to bite my lip but it’s ok so far, I congratulated him at the end of yesterday, saying I understand how difficult it can be having me breathing down his neck. He was quite happy though, pleased to get more involved in the “ glamour” end of it:)

I rescheduled the heavier stuff till the main man comes back.

It sucks when your main guy is away. It seems, to me, that the flow of the job gets disrupted a disturbance in the force so to speak.
Our main climber is off to Michigan for a long weekend to help out some family friends trim up their property. Also going to pick up some equipment and bring it back -- combined trip. But we're getting on just fine with this 2-day pseudo-logging job. (Hmmm... maybe I was meant to be a logger.)

Reg, could you rent a dingo or other mini to handle the heavy stuff? If even just to stage it off to the side to handle smaller later. Might help. Rob and I have managed some pretty large trees that way when short help. Granted, still takes longer than a three man crew, but one mans labor wage about pays the rental.

Jerry's right...that kind of logic is why I went to the West Coast Get Together years ago. Not just to climb a redwood but to get to do it with Jerry, Burnham, Willie, Carl, Paul, Greg Liu, Stephen....long list of Who's Who at the TreeHouse were there. I knew I would be in awesome and good company WHILE climbing redwoods.

It's the people that make the difference. The WCGT was an experience of a lifetime for me....helped foster and cement some wonderful interactions with exceptional people.

Hanging with Reg...that WOULD be cool.

Back