Tree with a view

RegC

TreeHouser
Tricky one due to the wind and wires, and the house underneath obviously. Had to set the tag line part way up a neighbouring tree to steer the limbs clear of the wires. Beautiful location. Saw a pod of Orcas....but the wind was very cold believe it or not. All the logs cut for firewood.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r8hu4tgxV3A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That looks cold and breezy!!! Don't ya love it once you get the top pushed out! No more going UP! Only coming DOWN... :rockon:

Good Show!

Windy and chilly by the water, for sure. Funny how a climber can be freezing while groundworkers are sweating, sometimes.

Were the wires more complicated/ hassle to have disconnected due to rigging already required for other considerations?

Can't decide which is more awe inspiring Reg, the technical clean smooth methodology of your work, or the video expertise?

You're the Martin Scorcese of tree videos Sir Reginald!

Your trunk wood saw sounds crisp n satisfyin, a 372?

Stellar stuff mate.

Jomo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all. I agree Butch. Taking the top feels like a milestone.

Sean, the Pole was rotten-as. Only the cable holding it up. They didnt want to deal with that. You're right though, would have made the limbs much easier to deal with.

Hi Jon. Been trying to keep the vids short if late. You lose much detail or scale of a task.... but the experienced guys who watch can usually read the situation and why it had to be done a certain way. Ported 372, correct

Great vid. I hope you keep em coming, they're why to log on.

Must be cool to do a bunch of tree work quietly, using the batt saw.

Seeing a pod of Orcas while doing tree work!!!! Geez that would have more than checked off a bucket list item.

Amazing setting there. Is that the home of a "millionaire?" What kind of money does it take to have a house in a setting like that? Thanks

Hes a pilot. She does something else, I cant remember. Theyre perhaps millionaires in assets....but I doubt they have millions in the bank to spend. I recall him telling me years ago they bought the place, gutted and refurbished. Beautiful now, 3 stories. But they worked hard and spent almost everything they had to pay for it all. Theres a lot of places like that along thw West Coast rd. But depending on how you make money, its not such a convenient location. So the houses are affordable in that sense....but maybe not if you have to work and commute to Victoria for example.

I would think the house might be worth a million, give or take. But in Victoria itd be 3 times that.

Thanks for your assessment, Reg. Makes sense.

Jerry, I'd take your 35 degrees to either of mine or Reg's latitude, hovering around the 48th Parellel. Days get short.

We try not to work till dark, but did tonight. Funny that it's getting dark just after 6 now; felt like just a month ago it was an 8 pm late job... But I guess the unusual and record late ones stand out more in memory!

Very smooth indeed!
Really digging a bunch of your vids, Reg.
Your ground guys really know what they're doing!

Thanks again. I got an ugly one coming. Old tree for the location. Double top, Heavy wood, not much room. Just need to organize the right help and timing.

20181010_155646_resized_1.jpg 20181019_133829_resized_1.jpg

:happy1: :happy1:

Ya know, Ive got a bucket list and I just added 'working with Reg' to it :thumbup: 8) ;)

Heck if I know. Here it was at first... I guess it was more of a triple.

Attachments

• P7120010.JPG
    P7120010.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 33
  • P7120016.JPG
    P7120016.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 33
  • P7120013.JPG
    P7120013.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 33
Back