Random intoxicated thoughts... possibly nsw

Alright then, what would happen if you were driving at the speed of light and then turned your lights on? Would anything come out? Not that I have anything that will go that fast but I've often wondered.

Here's a random thought that's driving me to intoxicate myself. At what point and how many pylons present would a rational person decide to slow the frig down and stay on my driveway instead of driving down the edge of my field! Turning the edge of my field into a muddy mess and slowly turning my driveway into double lanes. I'm rapidly becoming a grumpy old man!

I suspect it would be sort of like a sonic boom but with light instead of sound. It would be like standing on the surface of the sun. And it would be silent because you would be traveling about a million times faster than sound.

Speed of light. That's what every city slicker with an SUV does down my driveway thinking they're finally getting use out of their 4x4. I should just ask one of them if they can see their lights or not?:drink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We had some woman ignore all signs, cones, barricades, cross 2 lanes of traffic, a double yellow line, and another 2 lanes of oncoming traffic and attempt to crash into our hole in the street, which was guarded by a truckload of cones. With it being a Monday, with my drive in to work and all, if i was closer i would have either screamed at her and/or thrown a pipe wrench through the windshield. Me puking drunk and passed out could drive better than that. So now i will drink :)

And i think of you ever actually reach the speed of light you no longer are matter, just energy, because energy (aka no mass) is the only thing that can go the speed of light.

Well time and light speed aren't a constant speed. They can vary. Time slows down the faster you go and the closer to the center of the earth you are. Just look up the atomic clock at the top and bottom of a water tower experiment in 1962.

People are determined to try out their 4 wheel drives this time of year. I live in the woods and the first week of deer season is horrible around here. All the city slickers get out of town for the week drink beer, trespass and get stuck on the backside of my property. I've always wondered what would happen if once a year for a week I got in my Jeep, put on an orange costume, rounded up all my dogs and guns and got drunk and went to town and drove through everyones yard hollering and shooting and spinning out. I'm ignoring the fact that this almost perfectly describes the first 20 years of my driving life.

Well time and light speed aren't a constant speed. They can vary. Time slows down the faster you go and the closer to the center of the earth you are. Just look up the atomic clock at the top and bottom of a water tower experiment in 1962.

People are determined to try out their 4 wheel drives this time of year. I live in the woods and the first week of deer season is horrible around here. All the city slickers get out of town for the week drink beer, trespass and get stuck on the backside of my property. I've always wondered what would happen if once a year for a week I got in my Jeep, put on an orange costume, rounded up all my dogs and guns and got drunk and went to town and drove through everyones yard hollering and shooting and spinning out. I'm ignoring the fact that this almost perfectly describes the first 20 years of my driving life.

So is it possible those kicks were fast as lightning?

Had to be a little bit frightening.

Back