Chipper Belts

Probably go to Bandit, but I am sure some of the more mechanically inclined members will have a link to a supplier.

If you're talking about the multi rib main drive belt from the engine to the drum, check out this place. I had no specs and only a shredded belt to measure from and the guy on the phone worked with me for over 30 minutes to get me the right belt. Was less than $100 compared to over $300 from Morbark.
https://www.vbeltsupply.com/5v1250-04-1.html

Our Vermeer dealer lists that main belt for just over $200. In stock, 30 mins from us when we blow it, as happened last year. If it was a maintenance thing that we could look at ahead of time, that supplier Brian listed sounds great. But generally for us one belt gets thrown per year with no advance notice. Even if we had a spare at the shop, sometimes that'd be 30 min farther than the dealership and it wouldn't be worth the extra drive time when the clock is ticking.

I bought all my belts from the local industrial supply shop. All you need is the number(they're in the manual). The replacements I used were a 'predator' gates belt meant for severe duty. Way cheaper then through my local bandit dealer. This was on a 250xp. Machine feeding it to its max, over the years we went through a few belts.

Back