Things you've always wanted to own

Traveling would be a waste of money for me. Nothing impresses or excites me much. I would like to go to town and see one of them there picture shows everybody talks about, maybe get a malt I’ve heard so much about.

Traveling would be a waste of money for me. Nothing impresses or excites me much. I would like to go to town and see one of them there picture shows everybody talks about, maybe get a malt I’ve heard so much about.

You’ve got plenty of it to waste.

I've been to Mexico and Canada, never left the continent. No great urge to visit the other side of the earth, that's for sure. I think the Midwestern contentedness runs deep...

Of course, Reg & Squish could probably introduce me to a bit nicer side of Canada than Toronto & Winterpeg. And I would guess some Mexicans wouldn't want you to equate Tijuana with Mexico proper. Although I did make it to Rosarito Beach on the coast...

I'm from the Midwest, and I'm not content.... can't think of any better place to be tho....:? South has better weather but terrible wages, north is too cold, west and east are too expensive, Europe is cool but i know nothing about it and my family is here now... when i retire i plan on keeping a house here and sailing as much as we can, returning to be with family.

I'm from the Midwest, and I'm not content.... can't think of any better place to be tho....:? South has better weather but terrible wages, north is too cold, west and east are too expensive...
I've also lived in California, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Upstate NY, Tennessee, Alabama, but came back to the Midwest. So. Cal wasn't the best experience (lotsa traffic, self-centered people, high cost of living). I'm sure Northern California is a different world. Fort Myers was okay for Florida and I've liked my visits to Pensacola in the off-season. Western North Carolina is beautiful, I could have a cabin in the woods there, but harder to scratch out a living. I think I could get along just fine in Mobile, Alabama -- a nice spot of Gulf Coast and not too overly trafficked. But as I said, I'm content here in the middle of it all (about an hour from the geographic center of the US).

“Don't think I could handle Rome or Paris let alone London“

I’d get more enjoyment out of beating a litter of kittens to death with a sack of puppies...

In Alberta the wind always blows the wrong direction. I've never been to the Yukon although I've been close. I'm not much for the north. Rough up there.

When you drive west 12 hours across the prairies(torture) and finally see the mountains on the horizon the excitement just builds. Get into the mountains and the contrast in scenery is mindblowing. I barely got into B.C. and I already knew it was my favorite place on earth. I've heard the east coast is nice but I'll be heading west again the next chance I get.

I want to own property in the Rocky Mountains. Even if it was a p.o.s. trailer in some resort town I'd be fine.

No one ever talks about Saskatchewan. A Canadian friend told me it was a threat her mother would make to her -- about dropping her off & leaving her in Saskatchewan. She shaped up in a hurry to avoid such a fate!

Back