Things you've always wanted to own

Seems most tree guys I observe, the first thing they do when they get to the job is take the gas can and scrench off the truck and tote them to the back yard. In 30 years of doing tree work I have never had the need to relocate the gas can or scrench off the truck on ANY job. Leave the tools and gas on the truck instead of toting them all around the yard and you won't lose them as often.

Not saying that's the case for you, just something I see often enough and it baffles me why people insist on making their job harder than necessary.

The only time you need to tote your gas can and tools is if you are logging in the woods.

I always end up spilling gas or oil. Best not to do it in someone's yard. The tools come closer to the work in a tote with my climbing gear. If they're not contained they disappear.

A scrench. (I'm as boring as Jim.) No, make it 100 screnches. Then maybe I'd be able to locate one when I needed one. I've bought at least 8 of them in the last 6 months and somehow we only have one on the truck. Maybe like Rich's company's rakes, we need to start ordering them by the gross.

Image 1.jpg If you look at the handle you see where a scrench rides

Seems most tree guys I observe, the first thing they do when they get to the job is take the gas can and scrench off the truck and tote them to the back yard. In 30 years of doing tree work I have never had the need to relocate the gas can or scrench off the truck on ANY job. Leave the tools and gas on the truck instead of toting them all around the yard and you won't lose them as often.
It's when the climber throws a chain in the tree or if the tree sets back on the larger saws and pulls the chain loose, that's when the screnches come off the truck. It just seems as though they wind up in someone's pocket, to be unloaded that night when they get home. New jeans in the morning, thus no scrench makes its way back to the job. And 8 screnches in his dresser at home...

Small diesel pickup truck. Toyota Hilux or similar.The gd chicken tax (25% tariff on small truck imports to US) makes this my white whale borderline obsession. Just want good fuel economy and torque with some payload/towing capacity. Would love to hear from anyone who has imported a diesel vehicle into the US.

I was just livid seeing the new Ford ranger in France last month!

Honestly it was pretty much a relaxing beach vacation, just hanging out eating and drinking. Drinking homemade 30+ year old Calvados from a friend's grandparents farm was pretty awesome!

Paris was a great city to walk in, awesome architecture, history everywhere.

My first trip abroad in ages, didn't budget enough..
Ran out of money before I could make it down your way, would have really liked to see wine country though. Maybe next time:rockhard:

I wasn't.
I went through Paris in 85. Had no luck finding a parking spot, so I eventually said screw it and left again.

I've never met a city that I liked.
I only lasted one day in London, a few hours in New York and one evening in Jerusalem.
Too much traffic, noise and , especially, people.

Rome is full of ITALIANS!!

I wasn't.
I went through Paris in 85. Had no luck finding a parking spot, so I eventually said screw it and left again.

I've never met a city that I liked.
I only lasted one day in London, a few hours in New York and one evening in Jerusalem.
Too much traffic, noise and , especially, people.

Rome is full of ITALIANS!!

Yeah I know, you lived with a puffin for four years and were never happier:)

Tommy, you could fly to Rome for the weekend and stay somewhere for £250 all in.

Take the missus, see the coliseum, it’s mind blowing.

Attachments

• 9253606D-2ECF-4C78-9188-BA895D75994F.jpeg
    9253606D-2ECF-4C78-9188-BA895D75994F.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 34
Back