Lassen Volcanic National Park

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Well, Terri and I did it again. Actually it's been a few years since we've there. It's still the same old beautiful place.

Fantastic Lava Beds. For some reason I can't text in-between the pics. Try later

lassen 003.jpg DSC06503.jpg

Now that works. no it don't, it's all out of order now. damn

DSC06416.jpg DSC06490.jpg DSC06225.jpg DSC06509.jpg DSC06460.jpg DSC06505.jpg

Great pictures.
One just needs to shuffle them around to find the right sequence.

I've had the same problem.

I took Margot up there last time I was in Cali, even though I'd been up there myself on motorcycle just the week before ( Going from the 100 dergee heat of the valley to snow in an hour) and will take all the boys from the company up there next time we come over.
It is a wonderful place.
The high mountain flora, the great views and of course the volcanic activity makes it so special.

I love the way you and Burnham are giving me flashbacks to some of my favourite places on the West Coast.

Cool! If you didn't say lava beds I'd have guessed mine tailings. Lol. Bloody Canadians eh. If we aren't logging it we're mining it. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The order of the pics got all 'F' up, for some reason. There was a sequence and story-line to it and it got lost.

Mine on! When the volcano blows!

Lovely shots and scenery. Especially enjoy those vantage point compositions.

Is there snow there already in spots?

Great views. I find lava fields to be fascinating. When we bicycled across the country we enjoyed the lava field at the top of the Mackenzie Highway by Three Sisters, Oregon, and Craters of the Moon National Park near Arco, Idaho.

Gives you a good idea what most of the US will look like when the Yellowstone Hotspot lets go again.

Very nice pics Jerry, thank you for sharing. My mom and I went cross country skiing up there when I was about 10, so something like 23 years ago. We were living in Redding at the time. That's right on the edge of my memory.

Back