More Rigging

RegC

TreeHouser
Nothing you haven't seen before guys, so I kept it short. Tuesdays Job

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RYFLonaxAhQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lovely, Reg. I always enjoyed negative rigging...when I got my choice of rope man :). Other times, not so much, maybe :|:.

So easy !:D
:love:

Even with a good ropeman, these big chunks send quite a bang up the trunk when they crash on it.

What was the situation like that called for negative rigging? Overall height of the spar? Turf/target damage potential? Tight drop zone? We just don't usually encounter many situations here that call for it, so I haven't seen our crew trot it out of the toolbag much. So just curious...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Asphalt driveway, shrubs and sprinklers. We maxed out rigging the limbs on our 200ft line, so, the spar was a little over 100, and then 15-18 ft of top. Have similar job coming up, but bigger and a much more critical spot.

Taking off for a couple days. Thanks all.

Asphalt driveway, shrubs and sprinklers. We maxed out rigging the limbs on our 200ft line, so, the spar was a little over 100, and then 15-18 ft of top. Have similar job coming up, but bigger and a much more critical spot.

Taking off for a couple days. Thanks all.

Shake, rock, and roll!!

I'll be in Vancouver by tomorrow afternoon. Conference ends Wed... will prolly head back home. Gonna be super busy shooting pics of all the goings on, including, of course, the TCC. Will call ya when I can!!

Very Cool vid, Reg.

Do you have the small battery? I just got an electric, I really like it.

Why the Stein over a Hobbs? Sorry for the Nooby questions... :)

Husky recently put out a larger battery. Seemed a quarter larger in size and it's heavier. Local shop had it at $300.

I was in there to buy the battery operated polesaw. It has a lot of torque, I like it. (Gets me working before and after the local time ordanance cut offs.)

So now there are three sizes. Mine are all the medium now.

I bought the biggest battery first and it was a bit ridiculous in weight... made it way butt heavy..

Opt now for the smallest/lightest size with the big one as a back up....

So many less moving parts to clean or have go bad.... and forget about the ethanol and carbs....

Batt saws are nice for lots of smaller cuts, and frequent reposition and few cuts, rinse repeat. (No starting of the saw each time.) Also nice for cutting close and not breathing fumes all day.

But, not so usable in the rain. And you know what Jim says....winter is coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very Cool vid, Reg.

Why the Stein over a Hobbs? Sorry for the Nooby questions... :)

I think I have the second most powerful battery for that saw. Theres 3 I believe.

I owned a Hobbs H2 for a while. Solid unit, would recommend to anyone. My only slight issue with the design is that you couldn't take half wraps as theres only one fairlead out...so youre commited to whole wraps. Be that, a small compromise on an otherwise bombproof tool. And if anyones ever met and talked with Ken Johnson, you know hes not messing around.

The way you rig Reg I would think your groundies wouldn't even know anything less than three wraps. :lol:

Back