Split-tail Climbing Line as Lanyard, "Chokered" around the tree

Ha! Sorry, Stig, just more new shit. Moving Rope System and Stationary Rope System are the current vogue wording for the two climbing systems.

I'm a big fan of carrying my climbing rope in a bag.

Yes SRS is so much less hassle.
My rope for a long time was 120', rarely would I be more than that high off the ground, and with a choked system, before cutting, meant I could always one-hand descent to the ground in seconds. 120' is easier to manage than 200'. Lighter, too.

I'm not really familiar with SRS, except for using fig 8 or munter hitch to ride the tagline down if that counts.

What do you use to descend one handed?

You really should look into it. A Hitch Hiker or Rope Wrench would be the best place to start. Easy one-handed decent, on par or better than MRS, because friction is consistent.

So far I like the looks of the hitchhiker 2. I think I'd have to try it out to fully understand it. Looks smooth in the vids I watched, but I keep expecting the hitch to over tighten and lock up or get really hot.
Is that just not an issue?

Never had a lockup. The biner and dogbone takes a good portion of the load. Will get a little warm on a long, quick descent. Never ever ever got it warm on ascent. ;)

Edit. No, I have had lock ups. Pitchy pine.

HH or HH2 ftw! They don't burn up hitch cord.

ClimbingInnovations.com, sells a HHx, IIRC, Quickie shackle and slic pin, with an aluminum body. Tends great, it seems.

No matter what tool you use, nothing likes pine pitch. The HH2 is fantastic and unique in how it works. Getting the hitch set just right takes some experimenting, but it is worth the effort. Goes from SRS to MRS with no changes which is comforting while you are learning.

I tried Richards HHx. It works well but it did not replace my HH2.

So I'm sold, HH2 is in the mail. :)

It comes with 4' of cord, but idk what kind it is.
Does bee-line work well with it or something else?
Does it make much heat if you're descending at a normal/ kinda slower speed?

Cool! I do high-speed bailouts all the time. It will get hot but not hot enough to damage things. I don't weight much though so take that for what its worth.

I'm on the HH, Tachyon 11.5 with beeline. Works fine for me, four wraps one braid.
One of the big secrets in getting your hitch to work properly with the HH is to tie it very snug right from the get go, pull all the slack out through the hole in the dog bone, just about bends my rope a bit sideways, then tie the stopper.
By the time you bounce on it and put some weight on, it will find the slack that's left and pull out a bit and straighten.
You won't get 'sit back' or 'creepy hitch', which can happen if you don't tie the hitch snugly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...putting my lanyard centrally on a second bridge is the bee's knees for what I do :)

Bermy, (somehow I was confusing "bridge" with Ddrt split tail and friction hitch) .....

Your 2 bridges are 2 separate bridges on your climbing saddle, then, right?

And when you use your (25') lanyard (above), you are using it Ddrt, right?

Thanks!

Hey, yes here I am...

That's it exactly!
I tried to post a picture I had put up before of my dual bridge setup, but I can't drag and drop when using my tablet for some reason.

I had some long limbwalks this week and my Ddrt (now called MRS apparently) lanyard makes for easy return from the tippy tips.

Back