30 year old sequoia

RegC

TreeHouser
4ft DbH. They grow fast. quick vid from yesterday
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uNy8Iw7xO9I" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smooth. I like seeing the cuts you make. Opening shot of your setup is nice.

What is the over the shoulder gear bag? What do you keep in that?

Nice B&W video and the color transition at the end was reminiscent of Wizard of Oz. Neat effect. All that orange at the end likely made a couple of folks' day here...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice B&W video and the color transition at the end was reminiscent of Wizard of Oz. Neat effect. All that orange at the end likely made a couple of folks' day here...

Rain kept hitting the lens. But seems less distracting in black and white, or grey. Grey captured the mood on that job too.

Great video, great sound track, as always, Reg. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to shoot, edit and post it. Amazing trees, too bad they were not put in a spot where they could be left alone to grow as big as conditions might allow.

Tim

Wow that vid was on another level.

Too short for us hardcore fans.

30 y o? Geez we need Sequoias to battle the fiber shortage!

I'm curious what you mean by a 'grey day'. I swear I almost saw a smile there when you gave the camera a thumbs up.

Cool vid as always. Precision.

I'm curious what you mean by a 'grey day'. I swear I almost saw a smile there when you gave the camera a thumbs up.

Cool vid as always. Precision.

Just a ton of mass to drag and chip, Justin. 4 loads on my truck. Thought we'd have it in 2, but was badly caught out.

In the California burbs a backyard planted redwood, constantly watered and fertilized with dog poop, can put on 2 inches of girth a season.

Though the quality of the wood isn't quite up to par with old-growth.

Hey, Reg. Something I forgot to ask in my last post, is how tall that 30 year old Redwood managed to get, and if it was one of the giant redwoods or a coast redwood?

I also wanted to say, in retrospect, that it amazes me that you can shoot and do such a great job of editing from one day to the next. It is a really powerful capability to have in your tool box. Thanks again.

Tim

Hey, Reg. Something I forgot to ask in my last post, is how tall that 30 year old Redwood managed to get, and if it was one of the giant redwoods or a coast redwood?

I also wanted to say, in retrospect, that it amazes me that you can shoot and do such a great job of editing from one day to the next. It is a really powerful capability to have in your tool box. Thanks again.

Tim

A giant redwood I believe, both of them. Not so giant yet at no more than 80 ft at a guess. If if in a forest maybe theyd be twice that but less stocky.

Thanks Rich, I remember thinking 'whats that guy smirking at' as you approached

A giant redwood I believe, both of them. Not so giant yet at no more than 80 ft at a guess. If if in a forest maybe theyd be twice that but less stocky.

Thanks Rich, I remember thinking 'whats that guy smirking at' as you approached

Thanks for the answers, Reg. Much appreciated. Four foot diameter in 30 years is just amazing to me. Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to shoot it all and then post it. Stay well.

Tim

Back