Macro Nature Photography

I saw two in Schweiz last summer.
Neat creatures.
Imagine a Moth that hovers like a Hummingbird!

I just got a picture of one the wife sent me Stig.
E18299D5-D416-434C-8A2E-F3EFA69DB5D3.jpg

Attachments

• A9C393A9-37ED-4F0D-920A-AAA3AB6A2815.jpg
    A9C393A9-37ED-4F0D-920A-AAA3AB6A2815.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 24
Untill I read this today, I had no idea they were found outside Europe.
We had an invasion of them from Southern Europe last year, most likely due to the unusually hot and dry summer, but I ever saw one here.
So getting lucky in Schweiz was a treat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jg_pwC2ZbWw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saw one last year and she just seen this one today. Don’t know if they’re rare or not, don’t see them often tho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just crazy how a bug can evolve to look and fly exactly like a humming BIRD, but with a moth head. Same tail, even appears to have feathers, same wings...

Just bought my first macro lens a few weeks ago. An Irix 150mm for about $360. The depth of field at closest focus is almost too narrow for my shooting, and I don't focus stack. So I'll probably hold back a bit extra as I get accustomed to using this lens. The first day I got it, I tested it on a bird nest fern hanging in our home office. Irix_LR2.jpg

I don't know, some sort of plant vampire I think (one of many insects that suck plant juices out with a probe).

Those things are hard to photograph. They are skittish, and when on a stem, they just crawl to the opposite side like a squirrel.

NIce .. what's the plant in the first photo of those three? Looks familiar.

I have no idea. Some kind of weed or grass type plant growing in the shady treeline edges of a field.

DSC08563 (1280x960).jpg

DSC08582 (1280x960).jpg

Back