Macro Nature Photography

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L2MwhfU29nc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want to know how the Planet Earth crew gets macro shots. They get some amazing shots, perfectly smooth tracking of even flying insects and really small bugs. The most amazing shots I saw on that show were of some kind of field mouse. They tracked it up close jumping through the tops of 6ft tall weeds and through it's tunnels through the grass at ground level. Just impossible to reach places.

Did you know worms have little spikes to grip with? Look closely in the video on the full screen view and you will see them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OycQNH7s16E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some of those look like tiny parasites on the earthworm itself. The whitish translucent small ones.

Cool how you can actually see inside of the earthworm.

Hover flies. Supposedly flies and not stinging bees, but we call them sweat bees around here, and they've been known to have an annoying little sting when caught under clothing.

DSC05591 (1280x959).jpg

DSC05670 (1280x1156).jpg

DSC05607 (1300x975).jpg

DSC05632 (1280x974).jpg

Check out the tiny bug at the bottom right of the pic below

DSC05633 (1280x1071).jpg

DSC05634 (1280x1008).jpg

DSC05716 (1300x1053).jpg

This one is popping its neck
DSC07055 (1300x975).jpg

DSC06659 (1300x1050).jpg

Very nice. They are all cute and docile this time a year, as it warms up they lose that and become asshole incarnate.

Lacking a bark like structure; these mushrooms appear to graft easily

DSC01321 (1280x952).jpg

They are extremely small too, like pin heads or smaller

DSC01345 (1280x960).jpg

An unseen world.

At the scale you're shooting that's some pretty fine macro. Fine enough to call micro. Stack focusing brings out better depth of field in the micro range. The software that stitches the different fields together is amazing.

Love to see your work!

:lol: Thanks for the F'ing explanation...I couldn't cipher it either.

I definitely will be able to parse out the "F" from now on....

Not my picture, but I figure it goes here instead of the bird watching thread as it is both larger than life, and not a bird.

I saw one of these at work today. I thought it was a hummingbird, but it was extremely small, smaller than half my finger, almost bug sized, but looked just like a hummingbird. I even thought I saw a long straight black beak, but then I saw antenna, which is weird. A closer look and I assumed it was a hummingbird moth, if there is such a thing. A google search confirmed it.

hummingbirdmoth.jpg

Back