Macro Nature Photography

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's the rest from today before the rain. I only made it 100ft, but had a few unexpected sightings.

Such as this prick wad I saw out of the corner of my eye. Its the creepiest and prickliest spider I've ever seen.

DSC09199 (640x549).jpg

DSC09181 (2) (1024x883).jpg

DSC09196 (1024x782).jpg

And this must be the ugliest I've seen

DSC09212 (1024x768).jpg

DSC09211 (799x800).jpg

This flower was the one I was hoping to find today, so that's a plus.

DSC09244 (1024x1024).jpg

DSC09230 (1022x1024).jpg

DSC09257 (1024x850).jpg

DSC09271 (1024x923).jpg

This guy snuck in the shot right after I started the burst shot
DSC09279 (740x740).jpg

DSC09280 (1024x856).jpg

DSC09302 (800x798).jpg

The first time I took macro pictures in a field I didn't expect to find very much, they look so boring at a distance, but I left with 50-100 pictures and only scratched the surface.

Boy, that's some fine macro work there. Beautiful! Thank you.

About those plants that were floating without any apparent support. They were actually being held by an alligator clip on a tripod, and I used the clone stamp in photoshop to remove the clip by copying the background in its place.

It's easy to do. Keep up the good work! Love it.

I never draw cartoons, or much of anything, but a few of those mushrooms already had those faces, I just traced them. Seriously, look at the top picture and compare the 3rd largest mushroom with the goofy face. I couldn't have thought of or drawn it myself, I traced what subtleties were already there. And same with the angry one too, and the one to the left of it.

I always thought it would be impossible to get insects, but the super bright light on my lens seems to confuse them. Predators don't tend to light up as bright as the sun.

The first fly shown did have a permanently bent wing, so it wasn't eager to fly.

In my opinion, I also think that God presents his creation to us for our wonder, and for his glory in having created such a variety of interesting things. Many times it just seems too easy. Many insects seem to come and pose.

Why else would there be fascinating creatures several miles under the ocean or extremely distant objects in space except for man to someday find such hidden things. It's as if God is using a material way to show off his greatness to non believers.

I imagine he takes a shitload of pics and then saves the best few.

You are half right. I have had surprisingly good success getting close to bugs, but holding still to get the focus on the right spot is the hard part. I tend to take 5-10 image burst shots per subject, and pick out the best focused pic. Sometimes I don't get it or the other settings right, so I end up with 2-5 or more bursts. I've put over 9000 on the image counter this year (when I started taking macro pics), and got under 1000 good shots. Before that it only had around 200 total clicks from 2 or 3 years of use.

On a good outing, I'll take 800 pics in 15 minutes and run the battery down.

I look at it more like we are looking for something, and God let's us find it, generally more than we bargained for. Not always like he's trying to show off, but he has every right to. It brings him glory in doing so.

Those are pretty cool. They might be the answer to what kind of mushroom I saw in a book once that, I now assume, had it's black gills rolled way up to the center of the cap. It looked like a milipede was wrapped around it.

Back