Macro Nature Photography

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea, it just looked like plain ol woods when I walked in there, but I could hardly take 5 steps and shut off the camera before finding some other interesting little thing.

I saw some little shrooms up in a tree I was cutting a couple weeks ago. Kinda wish I had the camera with me.

Sounds like you don't want anymore weed :?:O

That is A weed, just not that kind of weed. It's the same as the pink flower above it. It just had those stalked headed hair cell things kinda like what you mentioned.

Ever seen one of these moss bugs? You can probably find them on most any tree.

A video I took of one on my wood pile:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B87T-0VWc5Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It even does that back and forth walk to look more wind blown and less alive.

I think the little arms that raise and lower the camo blanket over its head are funny

Great, now I'll see giant spiders in my sleep again!!! Cool pics, just don't like spiders at all.

I find I sleep the best when I have very weird dreams as long as they aren't scary

I was taking some macro videos yesterday with a camera that can zoom 3 times farther than the one used to take these pics, and I saw even smaller bugs literally the size of an ant's foot (I know because I was filming an ant). Things get really small.

DSC01229 (1280x1018).jpg

DSC01239 (1280x1023).jpg

DSC01248 (1024x820).jpg

DSC01292 (1024x819).jpg

Very cool. The previous run has me thinking butter tarts in little foil cups.

Screen shots from the mentioned video of the tiny bugs. This ant isn't the smallest I've seen, it's barely larger than a normal little black house ant.

Attachments

• Bug the size of ant's foot 1.jpg
    Bug the size of ant's foot 1.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Bug the size of ant's foot 2.jpg
    Bug the size of ant's foot 2.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 15
Back