Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: September 13 2018

Young man on the go Sponsor
    Administrator

Whoah, missed this even though I check in multiple times a day.

I went through cancer with Mom for a couple and a half years... positive outlook is very important. Making it clear as to how you want various situations handled makes things cleaner and easier, but that's true in life, not just cancer.

I'll shoot you a PM.
    Carl Rutherford

General Purpose Sponsor Stumpshot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    I bet in 100 years sugar won't even be around.
    I'd take that bet! It's ironic how in my lifetime, we've already been through 4 major artificial sweeteners, and each one (within 10-20 years) has fallen out of favor as being recognized as being a known cancer-causer (and not just to the State of California!). Sugar has always remained the go-to fallback, and now is even seeing something of a renaissance -- witness the proliferation of naturally-sweetened soft drinks (even mainstream Mexican Coca-Cola and Sierra Mist) -- that feature (surprise) "pure cane sugar" -- as a backlash to {high fructose} corn syrup as a sweetener. Couple that with the large populations of bees dying off, and you soon will hardly be able to obtain honey for sub-stratospheric prices.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    I don't even know WTF a "vBadvanced CMPS v4.0.1 homepage" is.
    It's what powers your forum homepage -- https://masterblasterhome.com ; whereas the vBulletin typical forum homepage itself is https://masterblasterhome.com/forum.php. vBadvanced CMPS is no longer actively developed or supported, so it's not surprising it has glitches or unexpected behavior, like showing threads from a hidden forum.

vBadvanced CMPS (Content Management & Portal System) is an advanced portal / CMS that allows you to easily include elements from your vBulletin message board on your web site's homepage, or other pages. It's module system (w/ 14 default modules included) makes almost every aspect of the software easy to customize and change through your Admin CP. Easily create and manage new pages with your own custom content with the ability to change every setting on a per-page basis. Integrating CMPS modules with your vBulletin forum pages can also be done with no file modifications required.
    Current Version: 4.3.0
    Released: 05-13-2014

It's been 4 years since the last update; probably has security issues as well and PHP compatibility problems with the newer versions of PHP and vBulletin.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Default @ Brian...

Like I told you when you visited, the success of this place blows my mind every day.

Who'd a thunk it???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tommie_.jpg  

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Hahaha...yep, Brian hit it square on.

I have no doubt this site has saved my life several times over. I got away with some crazy Chit over the years...I learned from THIS site better, safer ways to do things.

I am still totally capable of screwing the pooch, but I promise I don't try to.

You have brought together a fine group of folks that care enough about each other and others in general that they stop by, chat, teach, learn, share and just hobnob through this brief bit of time we have together. Glad I could share some of it with the Boss.

We're here.
    Gary

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Yeah, right now I'm out in the country, by myself out on a big estate, down in the orchard late pruning apple trees. I stop for lunch, fire up my portable wifi and my tablet and check in at the House.
    I don't often have contact with other tree people, actually very rare, so since leaving college, the House has pretty much become my place to come to shoot the breeze, and learn, LEARN!

Technology is great, but it's the human input that has made this virtual family of tree geeks possible.
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Hahaha
    Gary

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I have interesting thoughts - like what do I do with my family pics? I have no relatives that I know off to send them to. I remember when I was cleaning out my Mom's stuff after she died. All her personal (but not a lot - my dad was a cheapskate, pic-wise) photos, her college yearbooks... I remember just tossing it all out but not liking it. I mean, I already had enough of her personal stuff that I was gonna keep. It just felt so weird trashing her stuff like that.

An odd dilemma. More to come, I 'spect!

Marlee's Grandpa Sponsor pigwot's Avatar

Butch,
    As a random and occasional visitor I am just now seeing this. Sorry to hear it. As other have said, a positive attitude helps tremendously.
    And for all your attempted curmudgeonliness, you're actually a pretty darn positive person!

I've worked with cancer patients from 5 year olds through 100+, and without a fail they each approach it on their own terms, as will you.
    A good support group can be a great asset. Most areas have cancer-support communities, and they tend to have great information for dealing with the side-effects of chemo, can be accessible even when the MDs aren't, and often have the best information and referrals for really good home-health aides, in case you need additional help while in the worst of the chemo.

Immunotherapy has made great strides recently, and many cancers go from acute to chronic once treated.
    It will be good to get the biopsy done and talk to the doctors about a plan of action; to know your enemy is to defeat your enemy.

Keep us all aware of what is going on, and don't hesitate to call if you need ears to listen. I may be a mostly-retired RN, but I still think like one.
    I'll PM my number.
    "The More You Live, The Less You Die" - Pat

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

No relatives at all?

How about friends, maybe not for pictures, but stuff. I know how you feel, I still have some of my dad's stuff, and it really is just stuff, old payslips and things from before I was born... but I can't seem to just chuck it away
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.