2 NEW 3/8 - 7t small rim sprokets

Nutball

TreeHouser
Have you checked your sprockets recently? I didn't know there were two different spline mount sizes. These fit nothing I have, I think they fit mid size Stihls (290-391).

Take a close look, make sure it will fit your saws. $12 shipped
DSC08828 (800x768).jpg DSC08829 (800x640).jpg DSC08831 (800x600).jpg DSC08833 (800x600).jpg

Huh...I got a chinese knock-off .325 7t rim sprocket and it was WAY loose on the spline, had to eat crow and get a proper Stihl one...that'll teach me.

Stihl and Husqvarna use different sizes on the small spline sprockets. The large spline are the same size though.

Oregon should fit. I put an Oregon 8t on 2 different 661's

You still aren't getting it. There are 3 different rim spline sizes. On the large, everybody matches. So you have a large spline (universal), a small spline Stihl and a small spline for everybody else. The fact that your large spline fits the 661 has no bearing on the two different small spline sizes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea I forgot you said that before about the big ones, but when I see plain ol "only Stihl fits Stihl" and I know better, I have to say something. Al was probably talking about the smalls too.

I think it was an 028 Stihl Farm boss that I became aware of the fact .It had the small splines .Weather it came that way or not or might have been changed I don't know .It wasn't a big deal .From a 4 dollar rim sprocket to an 8 dollar OEM .
It's residing in my shed and runs good ,I just don't use it much .

I call the stihl small one mini to knock out the confusion. Inner dia. Mini 11/16 - Small 3/4 - Standard or Large 7/8.

Back