Just Drop Me Off Here!

Seeing those really make me wish it was next year.
I'm renting a BMW S1000XR and going up California higway 4 for a couple of days from San Francisco to Calaveras county next year in May.
It winds through that kind of countryside.
Drove it in a topless Mustang last time I was over and really wished I'd been on a bike.
So next time I'll be on a 150 HP BMW.

That is my " Just drop me of Here" post.:D

Let me know when you're going Stig. I'm hoping to possibly make a bike trip down to Cali next year, still kind of in the dreaming stages and based on some things all falling into line. But it's definitely on my to do list. Would be cool to meet up for a spin or something. You never know?

That would be a real honour. Will do.

I've been researching some roads/areas down there for biking. Like I said still kind of in the dreaming it up stage. But hopefully I start to get out and about more soon.

When I get more serious about dates and areas I'll keep that in mind. Gotta sell, move, work on the wife some, and then see if I can get the time off work too. So yah a few things to fall in line first. I'm a member of a local sportbike forum and have been researching some well documented trips/rides that members have made. I've also been down the west coast through Washington, Oregon, and to the tip of California fifteen years ago on my honeymoon in a little prelude sports car. Some really amazing roads/scenery down there. I really want to take a bike down.

There was a film starring Goldie Hawn from the 70s where she drove in a beetle along a coast road in California in the opening titles, finishing near the Golden Gate Bridge.

Always thought that was a nice looking drive.
Funny the things you remember.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:beer:

Attachments

• 42189874_1105834056241736_8985303335372324864_n.jpg
    42189874_1105834056241736_8985303335372324864_n.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 47
Beautiful...I could take you on a gentle canoe day cruise right here 20 minutes from my house, with several similar settings. I are a lucky man ;).

Back