Pinched nerve... Ahhhh!

The few times I've had a actual pinched nerve a hardcore muscle relaxant has always taken care of it. Easy peasy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I cant feel my thumb sometimes. I am looking up and toting a pole saw. It really hurts sometimes. I am going to see if a $60 visit to Dr. Gil will help.

My warning sign for a reoccurrence of my C5/6 impingement is numbness in the pad of my thumb. Then it's a reminder to adopt proper posture and flex and relax my back and neck.
I recovered from total numbness in thumb and first two fingers, back of my hand and forearm...about 10 years ago.
Seriousl muscle imbalance, I then had VERY good physio, massage and exercises.

Yes, polesaw heavy helmet, the prolonged looking up, head back really exacerbated it. I thought my career was over...thanks to correct diagnosis and treatment and ongoing awareness I'm still going strong :)

Good luck!

I have to kick off the helmet if I am doing an extensive session of overhead pruning work. Just take smaller bites so if something comes down, it won't clock you. And I do keep the helmet on for the initial deadwooding or if there are hangers.

Back