Forum Maintainance Tonight

We're talking about how the site sends emails (like account confirmation emails, password resets, etc). Right now it uses a method that doesn't always ensure the email makes it into the recipients inbox. I'm figuring out how to fix that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outstanding! I was all derped out there for a sec...

Glad to have you onboard, B! :beer:

Think it’s sorted out the”””” issue, which is good.

And the use of accents comme Dites moi ou vous êtes.

Good work Brandon.

Great! So your posts and Rich's won't be full of ? marks. (Mick, you could add an apostrophe back to your signature, then!)

I was wondering why once in a while a member would PM me asking for a new password. I assumed the forum had the ability to recover a forgotten password like all the other forums.

Thanks, Brandon!

I use it for ÜPS -- since I pronounce their company name "oops":
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UOJiEgxt7RY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And über is used commonly enough in English, and not in reference to the ride-sharing company.

And now for some reason my pics are sideways lol.
That would be the "killer upgrade" in the forum migration -- to get the picture upload to sense (via EXIF orientation data or simply by dimensional math) whether a picture is landscape or portrait aspect. Right now it invariably flips portrait pics on their sides. I don't know if that's a function of the GD library or if things are post-processing after upload with Image Magick...

Now THAT would be a cool thing to fix! Weird how mine are always in the correct orientation...

Might be your camera (mine is a 10 year old Panasonic 10MP) or your photo software -- are you pre-editing them? If I pre-edit portrait photos (in Photoshop), or even just re-save them, it cements the portrait orientation and they upload fine. But if I simply use a batch image scaling program I have, the forum still treats them like landscape pics.

Actually, I haven't posted a new camera pic in years... always something new that I've saved to my computer or an old pic that was already saved.

Kkd57l3.gif

What he said

Yeah I noticed on Friday - Along with images/icons that are served with absolute links, there are a bunch of effed up templates that I'm trying to fix in order for all content to be served correctly. Even after fixing some existing absolute links and forcing the templates to recompile, it's still serving them non-https and non-www. There must be another place that is affecting it.

Finally found the lone absolute path that was causing the default post icon to be served via http! Thank goodness, that was driving me nuts.

Nothing became corrupt. It just wasn't set up correctly to begin with.

Or someone didn't anticipate the great push over to HTTPS would reach critical mass as quickly as it has! (It's called short sighted thinking!)

This site isn't mobile friendly is it? I normally don't care about mobile friendly (I prefer standard desk top views over classic mobile site setups), but when the desktop version of sites has a problem on a phone is where I have a problem. I tend to have problems when it comes to pictures. This time I wanted to reuse a previously uploaded pic, but I can't drag and drop on a phone.

Now THAT would be a cool thing to fix! Weird how mine are always in the correct orientation...
So I took the end run around this forum problem. I bought a program called CM Batch JPEG Rotator. It senses the EXIF information of the shot from the camera (in the metadata) and rotates the picture accordingly -- clockwise or counterclockwise 90 degrees. The real problem is that most computer OSes are too smart these days -- they read that EXIF data and display the photo rotated as shot, even though the actual file IS sideways. So now I just run all incoming photos through this $4.50 program and it flips all the pixels in the file the right way for good.

:thumbup:

Never been an issue for me, all PC all the time here. But it's been a real aggravation in viewing my fellow T 'Housers pics that do via smart phone. Thanks.

Back