Forum Maintainance Tonight

It glitched out during lunch today, unless that was my internet connection or a routing problem -- but other sites stayed available.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well crap I screwed up the maintainance by turning the forum back on prematurely. It will have to happen again.

Shit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Backup page? Not sure what you're talking about... I'm transferring the site to a new host server.

I'm always available (well, if I'm not out on the crew...) if you need any help or advice on the server front (just no direct admin experience w/vBulletin's backend).

Hey I'm Brandon, MasterBlaster has contracted me to do a little site work. Sorry for bringing you all offline for several hours - unfortunately due to the [lack of] tools I have at my disposal, we have to move this site "the hard way" and it requires more down time. I'm sure most of you can relate when I say I'd rather do the job right than do it half-assed, so my apologies for the impact that has on your community here.

I'm hoping to go again this week (maybe tomorrow later in the evening) and have you back up in as few hours possible.

You'll be our hero as long as we don't lose access to the threads and the info in them. Lots of knowledge tucked away in these threads...I assume it is all backed up somewhere?

Appreciate the voodoo stuff you guys do.

I haven't had a chance to loop through everything and check, but it looks like it's safe to turn the forum back on and let people post.

There are some things I have to clean up, but they're not urgent.

Thanks for your patience.

Back