My rig less spurs

LeafCollector

Treehouser
I swear that saddle was used by the mob back in the day to make folks disappear under the water in lieu of blocks...
Its really my only regret purchase. Its safe and affordable is all i can recommend with that saddle. The saw hook is miserable in the tree and there is no way to add hooks for gear.
my prusik on the lanyard grips so tight i need a mechanical advantage sometimes to adjust, just don't trust the rope grabs enough to switch i guess. WIN_20180826_12_21_27_Pro.jpg
love the foot ascend-er and the hitchclimber set up.
Kask super plasma is much nicer that my forest helmet.

Thumb the lanyard prussic looser often...and add a micro pulley to make adjustments easier and one-handed.

I like those saddles for teaching new climbers. Easy to put on, and gives them a feeling of security

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thumb the lanyard prussic looser often...and add a micro pulley to make adjustments easier and one-handed.

Is "thumb" in your book? that prusik is as tight as one of those Chinese finger locker things!
i assume you just put some slack in the wraps and re set it.
i put a micro on it and it laughed at me when i tried to tend that.
Thank you

Yes that's what B means, keep the prussic on the looser side. I think as you climb more you will want to be using a different style prussic. VT, swabisch, and the like.

My new light ornamental pruning saddle's only 3.5 lbs.

Not what Blair designed originally, but mighty comfortable!

Jomo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 36
Different saddles for different trees n types of pruning.

Sometimes just a belt with corona hand shears n scabbard.

It's somewhat ridiculous to be up in a fifteen foot ornamental wearin a demo saddle!

Jomo

Back