Stihl MS462

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
I brought a couple of old 441s up to my dealer 3 weeks ago, to see if he could fix one of them for the new apprentice to use.
We don't give new saws to newbies, they are too hard on them at first.

The dealer showed me the new MS462 that had just come in the door..
I was really impressed with it, with a 20" light bar it is almost 2 pds lighter than the 441 with a normal 18" bar and has about half a horsepower more.
It is a lot narrower in the body than the 441 and 461, so the ergonomics are super, too.
So I bought one to try it out.
The dealer asked me to call him when I had used it and let him know how I liked it.

I liked it well enough to call and order one for each crew member.

That is hands down the best 70 cc class felling/bucking saw I've ever run.

I know for arborist work it doesn't matter so much, but 2 pounds are a lot when you carry the thing 8-10 hours a day.

It will make a fine climbing saw, too.

I've run it for 3 weeks and Both I and the rest of the crew are in love with it. P1060311.JPG P1060312.JPG P1060313.JPG

It looks a bit newish for having logged 3 week.
Reason for that is, it is.
Mine was stolen, so I had to buy another one.:X

cool.

Bad news on the thievery.

Is there a bump on the clutch side handle for a bit of wrap without a real wrap-handle?

You sure it's stolen and not in the creek, dropped by the apprentice? Or stuck in another branch back in the forest? He might be too ashamed to fess up...
#-o ::oops:

I was told my dealer can?t get these yet. I?m very upset:X
Guess I?ll have to suffer through a pair of fresh 461?s:D
5EB948CA-0521-4400-A858-3BBCDA17D56C.jpg
Finally kicked the pair of 362s off of my truck. They are off to our guys that need a saw occasionally.

A "Fix" for Mellow

Now you've got me Jonesing for some new saws. :X
Here you go. (Finally, finally) we just got our second 372XP back from the saw shop, after something like 8 months (don't ask). It looks great, new 24" bar & chain, new main bearings and more -- $600 bill (ouch). But ain't she purty? Rips, too!
P1360121.jpg

Now that we have that back and the 346XP is back in commission with a new handle / fuel tank assembly, we have a saw for every man. No more passing a saw back & forth behind the chipper for limbing -- we can have a 372 on each side!

Emoticons can be easily misused, I'm still kind of curious. :P
I can tell a lot by an emoticon. Yours has tonsillitis.

Um excuse me but what are you doing putting a picture of a husky in a Stihl thread, I mean where are your manners!:P

I have a set of big dogs on my 461, I don't like them, I find they get in the way on the smallish stuff I cut, going to swap them out for smaller ones.
What is the part number for that extra light bar Stig has in his picture? I need one of those too...

My 461 only came with a single inside dog, I had to buy 661 dogs to get matching inner and outer.

And I have one of those newer 372XP saws. Not particularly impressed compared to the older ones. Hard to start, always takes 4-5 pulls hot or cold.

That's true -- it's no Echo when it comes to starting. Even this 372XP fresh from the shop takes at least 3-4 pulls unless it was just running.
Cold, in Florida?

Um excuse me but what are you doing putting a picture of a husky in a Stihl thread, I mean where are your manners!:P
Manners? I am housebroken (well, mostly). That picture was for flushcut more than anything. I'm no Husqvarna "fan" -- I just use them on a daily basis and it's good news to us to have all our saws back in action!

Keep those rubbish orange saws out of here. :P

If a 462 is truly superior to a 461 or 460 or 046 then no orange saw compares. Period. :D

I?m just upset I can?t get one yet. I?ve got to wait or maybe exchange with another crew once they are available. I think I?ll pull rank and do the exchange;)

Back