Rope Walking 101: Tree Ascent for Arborists

TreeMuggs

Treehouser
Check out my latest video: Rope Walking 101. I had fun with this one!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qGkuQof9Yu4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

101 or not so 101.
For myself, that will probably be the next step in my climbing technique/gear. I'm not overwhelmed by the giant trees, so I didn't feel the urge to try this system when it showed up some years ago in the arbo world. Maybe it's time...

Nice video. I like the throw bag weights. Don’t know why I never thought of that. I always pick up something from your posts. Thanks Patrick.

Another well-done video. I do however disagree that open-air ascent is easier for a beginner than going up close to the trunk. Keeping your feet in contact with the trunk greatly simplifies staying upright and takes more load off your arms. Two things beginners have trouble with. Hell, if I have a choice I will always pick going up close to the tree.

Good video explaining the different parts of the system. I'll use that as I (finally) work to nail down SRT. Thanks.

I echo Dave's comment on the open air ascent, I thought the same. When I was first making the transition to SRS, being able to put my toes against the tree helped a lot.
Having your rope hang clear of the trunk is good, but you don't need it entirely out in the open air.

Good effort on the video though, well done!

Back