Oak removal

RegC

TreeHouser
Todays job. Took 3 of us. A little patience throughout

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s3GG_0xTShs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice, large limbs over the buildings very well judged and executed.

Even a complimentary sweep of the shingles!

That made for a good watch.

Except for the stupid music.

I think to most of us here, the sound of a saw is misic enough, so why assault our ears with that new age shit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all. New age, lol Stig. Im off camping for a few days. Have a good weekend guys

If it is not from before 1971 when most of the significant people in music died, it is " new age"

The stuff in your video was really bad.

Have a great camping trip, I'm envious as hell.

I'd rather hear any music over a frigging chainsaw anyday. The first thing I do is mute it when I hear saws!

Keep up the great work, Reg!!!

What was with the grip shot at 3.53?

Did you have to remove the wood or just saw and leave it?

Quite the prescient face-wedge placement on the felling cut, wow!

Thanks for posting this great vid, your vids are unique (one of a kind) on most every level.

Oh btw, what is the advantage of using slings off the biner instead of simply the biner with the rigging rope?

Wow. Awesome vid. Frigging amazing. Right down to the felling cut which butted up against the underbed piece. Sweet.

I really like the contrast/symmetry between this vid and the trim vid. Stellar work man, a pleasure to watch.

It was a Garry oak, aka, Oregon white oak..quercus garryanna

No biner side loading is one advantage, cory.....

Thanks. I was definitely thinking white oak.

Re side loading- true in the strictest sense, but in the applications shown, I for one use a steel rope snap on the bull line and it has always been bullet proof, fast, and easy.

Thinking more about Reg's vids, they tend to show a visceral, intimate view of tree work which is awesome to behold. Often bears rematching.

Btw Reg, what did you mean by "patience throughout?"

I for one use a steel biner and it as always been bullet proof, fast, and easy.

Same here. Except for negative rigging, I do as well. Two methods to reduce biner side loading are to use a half hitch prior to the choking clip.. and when clipping the biner, go around the standing part of the line and clip back, creating a small loop. Using both reduces the actual load on the biner by many many times. and the side loading to almost nil.

A side bennie of using a sling is that, by employing more than one, the next turn can be rigged while the ground crew is unclipping and sending back the line..and sling. Saves time, fo sho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks again. We had a good trip, Stig. Its been a great summer for it in fact. Maybe we can do one more camp before the rains come. Pic attached of Buttle lake, Strathcona provncial park....14 miles of it.
Resized_20180811_080900_5815.jpg

Cory the grip/spur image was just a bit of BS really. I was trying convey to need to brace onself through the negative rigging stage....for those who watch the vids but dont do tree work. As it turned out this occasion was sorta non eventful.

I said about patience because of the windows along side the closest house, and the satellite dish. I didnt want the guys getting excited and rushing then swing a butt right through the window or rip the dish off the wall. It was important to keep then calm and focused throughout. Seen too many defeats snatched out of the jaws if victory, due to a moments complacency.

All the wood stayed. Ill take eithe a sling or carabiner straight onto the wood. The latter you just need to be a little more concious how its aligned.

Back