SAKA mini and Wrist Rocket

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
So I bought one of each.
Tried them out for the first time yesterday, compared to my home made knee ascender the saka mini is REALLY nice, very smooth. Plenty of bungee cord to adjust it how you like. My homemade one will be deconstructed for parts.
The wrist rocket is a good addition also, not having to grip real hard on the somewhat skinny rope we climb nowadays is nice. Easy on and off.

Definitely worth the price and definitely a good addition to my gear.

I have 2 regular SAKAs and love them. One is still in the package never used. I've been looking at the wrist rocket but haven't bought one yet.

I don't even know what a wrist rocket is other than a sling shot.
I like the Ringo but I want to mod it some how to fit my hand better but I am still thinking on it. It seems to me that it puts the rope more into the fingers than the palm of the hand, if you can follow that.

I really hesitate at a rope grab attached around a finger. Heard to many wedding ring horror stories I guess.

I wouldn't worry about this ripping off your finger there is only a wire spring holding it to your hand. A firm spring but has plenty of give similar to a wire gate biner.

I?d like to try the wrist rocket but I don?t see a need for it. If I?m rope walking I don?t close my hands around the rope. Just kinda hook the rope to stay completely vertical
And yes I agree, a slingshot. Maybe it will slingshot me to the top

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Different strokes for different folks...second climb with the wrist rocket today...still like it. It comes with the locking mechanism on the ascender taken off. The parts are in a separate bag. I'm going to put it back on, will be easier to disengage the cam with my small hands.

The SAKA mini is a done deal, the homemade one has been deconstructed.

Perhaps something like this might have helped me back in the day. I tried skinny ropes and went back to Arbormaster simply because the fatter rope was easier to grab and hold. The skinny ropes made my hands cramp at the end of the day. And since most of my climbing was 50' or less, the difference in rope weight wasn't enough to even notice.

I?d like to try the wrist rocket but I don?t see a need for it. If I?m rope walking I don?t close my hands around the rope. Just kinda hook the rope to stay completely vertical
And yes I agree, a slingshot. Maybe it will slingshot me to the top

Fire in The Hole! LOL imagine a human sized sling shot for tree work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah sorry about the no pictures, my tablet SD card is full, and I have to play musical SD cards from my phone because I can't post pics to the house off my phone...oh the drama of technology.
I will make an effort soon

Back