Reduction pruning

RegC

TreeHouser
Pruning a Gary oak today. Shed a big limb just a couple of weeks back. Owners are worried about the grandkids playing underneath. End weight reduction hopefully makes it less likely to shed any more for a while. Hot day, with a really bad toothache throughout....the worst Ive ever had in fact.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cHJ08Km_bMQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice pruning vid Reg.

Watched the first half on site this morning waiting for the others for the crew to turn up.

Had a decent sized spready oak to do myself this morning. More of a raise, light thin and deadwood. How long were you up the tree for ?

Toothache is a bitch. Hope you get sorted out.

Clove oil carried at lots of bigger pharmacy stores can relieve pain while waiting for the dentist in the future. Look forward to watching the vid tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice pruning vid Reg.

Watched the first half on site this morning waiting for the others for the crew to turn up.

Had a decent sized spready oak to do myself this morning. More of a raise, light thin and deadwood. How long were you up the tree for ?

Toothache is a bitch. Hope you get sorted out.

About 4 hours, Rich. Thanks. Setting and stop/starting the camera was a hindrance throughout.

The dichotomy of both sides of a coin. On one side displaying the shear brute will of taking on a large removal in a confined area, and on the other side displaying the finesse and care needed to do a delicate trim. Ah, you are both, Reg. Hope your tooth is better today, partner.

Great vid, Reg.

Loved all the climbing and limb walking shown.

A great job for the electric saw.

What do you carry in your 'backpack?'

Nice Reg - reductions are the hardest climbs in tree work IMHO. Getting out there is everything.

Hope the dentist does his stuff & you get some respite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great saw Chris. Had it a couple years now. Use it every day at some point

Clove oil carried at lots of bigger pharmacy stores can relieve pain while waiting for the dentist in the future. Look forward to watching the vid tonight.
I've tried that and the relief is so temporary. I've had far better success with Tea Tree oil or simply Listerine swishing.

Back