Where's a good place to find good climbers for hire?

Nutball

TreeHouser
I don't know if training schools have a thing where you can give job offers to graduates, or what the best method is. One would think a good experienced climber would never need to find a new place to work unless his current boss or coworkers are not to his liking. It just seems like there's a shortage of good climbers for hire. I guess that is both good and bad.

I had to chuckle when I saw the title of this thread!

giphy.gif

Bodean said something like a good boss seeking a good climber is like leprechauns trying to find unicorns.

Just ask any climber, he knows it all, or if he's got 10 trees down, he thinks he's intermediate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I worked for a pretty good one once, I just wish he was still around, I'd try to get him in our current team.

I've said this before - if I thought I could find two good men with valid DL and a good work ethic I'd be running my buddy Mikes treeco.

Nobody wants to do treework anymore.

Same situation in the UK, thread on AT about a shortage of competent climbers.

Whenever there’s low unemployment tree companies have trouble recruiting, simply put, there’s easier ways to make a living.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's usually better to build your own from scratch.

That's what I figured... how do you find someone to train?

Ha, if you figure that question out, let me know!!

Praying is about the best way I have found.

Yep, worth a shot.

It would be great to have a few combo climbers/ground men to swap out throughout the week. I've thought of climbing, but I like ground work too, and don't know if I can handle climbing all over a tree.

Building your own is the what works here.
No bad habits or shit pruning.

Starting with someone that has housing and a stable existence here in SF is paramount... then training them.

Commuters never make it on time...always an excuse.

The drunk meth heads are a talkative bunch.

I use one contract climber, Pfannerman usually when I need help on the ground.... I can do what he does for me, I bet he is faster.... but i need to be on the ground to insure processing, because that's the weak/slow spot.

...and Mick said something that I love... don't bark for the dog.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's always Trump's fault or obummers fault or Bushes fault, it really depends on who is in office at the time.

Someone wanting to know how to do something... Hugely different than someone who wants to learn to do something.

Back