JOB OPPORTUNITY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I told my wife.... she would apply for me lol. She wants to move down there so bad she can?t stand it.

You know, you only live once. We moved here in our thirties because we did not want to wait until we retired and be to old to do anything.There is not much to do down here other than fish and dive but I bet your boys would enjoy that. We don't have malls or Walmart, that stuff is 2.5 hours away. It is a tight community with a lot of young families.

What does your wife do for work?

She is a phlebotomist/receptionist/ several other things at a pediatrician?s office here. I wanna kick her for not going to nursing school. Maybe when the boys are older.

hell if I can do it she can( my kids are 12 and 15 though)..........beware of ADN programs though. They are infamous for "nurses eat their young attitude" .

sorry for derail.......back on topic

Im am curious what average income for this area is. With real estate so high where does the working man live?

She is a phlebotomist/receptionist/ several other things at a pediatrician?s office here. I wanna kick her for not going to nursing school. Maybe when the boys are older.

Okay, she is working before you even get here. Florida Keys Community College has an awesome nursing program. AWESOME.

hell if I can do it she can( my kids are 12 and 15 though)..........beware of ADN programs though. They are infamous for "nurses eat their young attitude" .

sorry for derail.......back on topic

Im am curious what average income for this area is. With real estate so high where does the working man live?

I honestly don't know what the average income is, only what we can offer..What I do know is that it is very hard for the working man/women to find housing. The City of Marathon has a program offering 10 thousand towards the first time buyer of a "affordable" house. (restrictive) Habitat For Humanity also offers a program for buyers of "affordable" housing, using "sweat equity". Basically, you help with what ever you can manually and they count that towards your down payment. IE: clearing the land, banging nails, whatever. Then the loan is a very low interest loan, but you have to live in the house a certain amount of time before you can sell it at market value. Before that, it would be sold at an "affordable housing" price.

So, there are ways to make it work down here, you just have to want it bad enough. We did.

As far as rentals, like Burn eluded to before Hurricane Irma and Jimmy Buffet sang so many years ago, came true, a summer squall blew those mobile homes (affordable homes for many, many people) off to fantasy land. In the short term, we have a housing crisis down here. In the long term, what will now be built on those lots will have to be up to code for a Category Five summer squall. LOL.

Bottom line, if you want to make it work here, you can. You just have to want it.

Nope. Gave up on that position, a driver is what we are in need of today. Hey, how about a supervisor with a CDL, hummm, that would work. Dreaming on......

LOL, had one fellow with the CDL that could not back the truck up. How the heck do you get a CDL with out being able to back a truck up?

Aw man, I could do that...too bad I'm not American, live on the other side of the planet, and don't particularly like humidity and heat any more otherwise...shoo in :)

Nope. Gave up on that position, a driver is what we are in need of today. Hey, how about a supervisor with a CDL, hummm, that would work. Dreaming on......

LOL, had one fellow with the CDL that could not back the truck up. How the heck do you get a CDL with out being able to back a truck up?

Bribery or blackmail.

A guy who worked for me for a minute, waiting for a CDL job, straight up told me that they bribed the 3rd party tester.

I was going to suggest checking out Zip Recruiter -- I hear their radio ads from time to time. Perhaps that will help you fill your position!

Back