Dandandatreeman videos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

So this guy is shaky as the guy on Morty finding out if I'm the daddy.

Maybe you fellas will like some of it.

I lose my enthusiasm for doing whips after about 2. The guys here turned me on to superglue. That seems to hold it together pretty well. Electric tape it, cut through the middle, then superglue the ends.

@lxskllr I have to have something to do. I dont think the tape would have held as well as the whipping did on the end of my secondary climbing system. Thanks for commenting. Thanks for watching.

Why nervous? You were young, made a bad judgment call, and got schooled the hard way. It happens. I've lucked through most of my mistakes, but they could have just as easily put me in the ground. Good video.

@Mick! Walked out on Limb. It broke. Got to the top of the back swing and the TIP broke. I was slung across the street. Bounced off the ground twice. According to my buddy.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Loled at "I have to work tomorow" !
I had this worying just 2 weeks ago. I was prunning some tall lindens, not decayed but some of my TIP weren't as beeffy as I would hope. More on the skinny side, but I hadn't a lot of choices to get the reach. I was really on my toes, because I knew that if my working TIP slips, breaks, is cut, whatever, my main TIP could very well let go by the added load of the swing. Scary.

@Marc-Antoine I have had my TIP break after this, but there was a back up one set because I saw the potential of it not holding. I look, set, and look again. I like to have a back up on sketchy TIP nowadays. I always run what ifs in my head.

That was good, enjoyed it! Great storytelling, great story, great lesson to take along the way with you.
(PS, loved the sound of the Cardinals in the background...I miss that sound :) )

Back