Bluetooth video cameras

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I would like to be able to see the 'view perspective' from clients decks or the shape of a tree I'm pruning from my phone. If it could double as a mobile back-up camera, that would be great.

Ideas?

Great idea. I have thought of this idea in general before when I am yelling back and forth to someone on the ground about the shape of a tree when doing a pruning job, or if I have taken enough out of a view window.

The other thing it would tie right into for me is getting a phone to use for my in tree screen that is a different carrier. I have ATT and it works great in a lot of my work area. However some areas have no AT&T signal but they do have Verizon signal. I have wanted to have a second phone with me at times. This could be the final step in enough motivation.

Intriguing idea. Curious to see where this goes. A tablet to view on (larger screen) might be good. But hard enough to juggle a phone in a tree....

Hey Merle, I got sick of my bill, and switched to Net10 wireless, a no contract plan. It uses Verizon's towers so work wherever Verizon works. 50$ a month and you buy the phone or bring your own and swap the SIM card.

You end up getting a GoPro or something, Sean? Got one for my son for Christmas, on black Friday, thinking about one for myself now.

Wondering if any of the knockoffs are worth it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the back-up camera application.

Haven't gotten one.

Haven't been working full time for the last month or two, with family and stuff, and got a new 661 instead, guaranteed ROI.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Merle, I got sick of my bill, and switched to Net10 wireless, a no contract plan. It uses Verizon's towers so work wherever Verizon works. 50$ a month and you buy the phone or bring your own and swap the SIM card.

You end up getting a GoPro or something, Sean? Got one for my son for Christmas, on black Friday, thinking about one for myself now.

Wondering if any of the knockoffs are worth it.

I need Verizon towers for my location. What is the loss/ trade-off of not using Verizon, in favor of Net10?

https://www.google.com/search?q=go+...0j69i60j0l3.4571j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Walmart and Target online have older versions of GoPro (the "3" for $150 at Walmart.com, some other from Target for $125.

https://gopro.com/legal/hero7-promotion $70 off the Hero 7

fwiw

I never found a tradeoff with Net10 (or Tracfone, the parent company -- apart from being more expensive). StraightTalk (from Walmart) is also another reseller that uses Verizon towers.

Back