Unusual Trees

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WV oddities

Perfect perch for an adult to sit between the two uprights.
P1410337.jpg
Let your fingers do the walking...
P1410350.jpg
This hollow is large enough for a small child to stand up in.
P1410305.jpg
While not unusual in itself, this HUGE fallen beech is an unusual species for me; we don't usually see these in Kansas & Missouri. I planning on helping clear it when I pass back through, since it obstructs a hiking path. But it is a hazard tree, since it's on a steep downslope, held up off the ground by some massive leaders.
P1410302.jpg

Gives you a good idea of the stuff we take out doing pre-commercial thinning.

Wow is right, those are huge and beautiful!!!!!! I feel the Japanese do so many things right, and that's just another great example.

Wow, absolutely wow!
Thanks Mario.
Those were unbelievable.

Bump.

Here is a fun tree I pruned this last winter and she is leafing out like crazy this year.
A CA Black Oak. Quercus kelloggii. The trunk just curves over this way and a branch off it curves right back around the other then sweeps up. Crazy climb this one. A lot of just working my way out to do some end weight reduction on the back side. Took tons of dead out too. IMG_0584.JPG IMG_0585.JPG IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0587.JPG IMG_0588.JPG Tree just shivers when you climb it. Twisting fashion, hollow in the main like all get out. Home owner was advised the tree was probably going to end up in her driveway. Maybe reducing the weight, and removing some of the canopy so the breeze will blow through will help... Just an interesting tree. Hard to get a proper full pic of it since it is surrounded by understory. I think it looks like it was dancing and had to freeze.

Back